7mm sherman max

2nd Question: Have the 1st Gen 40 degree shoulder brass, but neck tension is non existent……do I fix this with a tighter bushing?? If so, which one? Thx!!

On my LA 700 Max, now a Mega, I run a Kwik Klip and all I did was spread the front of the feed lips a little to allow the front end to rise a little faster.
The neck tension is common to all of that brass when it comes but just a matter of running it through your selected bushing as you normally would. Long story but the short of it was that or the wrong neck wall thickness until tooling is changed.

The square body/shoulder lines of the short Sherman cases cause more feeding problems than any other cartridge family in my experience. Having an action/magazine setup that's no more than 0.25-0.4" longer than you loaded cartridge is the best initial setup. What this does, is it allows the bullet to be inside the chamber as the base the round is released from feed lips of mag or action. The bolt just needs to push it home at that point. Too long an action/mag setup, the rounds won't be inside the chamber when feed lips releases and its a toss up if it'll chamber.

On my LA 700 Max, now a Mega, I run a Kwik Klip and all I did was spread the front of the feed lips a little to allow the front end to rise a little faster.
The neck tension is common to all of that brass when it comes but just a matter of running it through your selected bushing as you normally would. Long story but the short of it was that or the wrong neck wall thickness until tooling is changed.
^^^^🤙^^^^
did the same thing to mine and stretched the spring. I'm running and Archimedes LA, cip aics mags and of the three heads I run (139 interbonds, 195 eol, 154 interlock) I only have trouble with the 154 interlocks. They do feed normally if I chamber the round faster. If it's a slow drag it can be hit or miss.

What going on guys. 1st post here. I happen to be in the middle of putting my elk rifle together, and have decided on 7mm Rem Mag, but after seeing this 7 Max I'm thinking I'm wanting to go that route.

Build specs below :

-RH Manners Elite Hunter TA Carbon Shell with Mini Chasis

-Action is a Donor coming off a Rem 700 RH LA Sendero 7mm Rem Mag

-Barrel is a 24" or 26" Proof CF Sendero in a 1:8.4T

-Muzzle Brake is either a Hellfire or Sidewinder

-Trigger Tech Diamond

-Optic MK5 HD 5.5-25x50 T3 or H59

I currently have about 24lbs of IMR 7828ssc im Hoping will push the 180gn VLD's and "possibly" the 195's to a decent velocity!without being to stupid in regards to temp.

Im about ready to pull the trigger on the 7max starter kit and wanna make sure what I have is gonna work for it

Appreciate the input guys.

Stan

Looks good. The long action will let you seat the 195 right. I have better luck with the 175 EH and 180 ELD-M. I could get the 195 to 3000fps with N570, but it wasn't Ideal. Accuracy was not bad but not impressive and N570 is nasty, dirty powder. Retumbo gets me to 3k with the 180 with a low ES and little tiny groups. Good luck with it!

Looks good. The long action will let you seat the 195 right. I have better luck with the 175 EH and 180 ELD-M. I could get the 195 to 3000fps with N570, but it wasn't Ideal. Accuracy was not bad but not impressive and N570 is nasty, dirty powder. Retumbo gets me to 3k with the 180 with a low ES and little tiny groups. Good luck with it!
Appreciateir man. How was it to tune? Finicky or no? Have you burned through a barrel yet? Also, how does it feed with that 40deg shoulder?

Last edited:
I load 62 Gr of RL26 with a 195 Gr Berger in my 7 MAX and it's going an average of 2940 FPS. Half inch or smaller groups with this load.
Nice. I'm digging this so far. I went ahead and put the order in for the 7 Max kit.

DCC60A33-7C46-4323-BFAA-CD3C7A49A9A5.jpeg

Last edited:
Was planning on graduating my daughter (14) from her 6.5CM up to a 6.5PRC for elk, but now after getting caught up on 42 pages lol, yal got thinking I should just bump her up to a 7ss.

got her set up with a Bighorn Orgin SA action. Maybe get a 22 7SS Proof CF barrel going for her instead .