7mm sherman max

Gonna be once my wife's rifle is finished, 7.5 twist, 20"ish tube. I'll try the 150's or 160's, and maybe the 170 Cayuga as well.
That will be a great little rifle. With a 7.5 wont that be a little fast for such light bullets? If I had more rl26 I would be running the 177 hammers and 180+ from cutting edge.

That will be a great little rifle. With a 7.5 wont that be a little fast for such light bullets? If I had more rl26 I would be running the 177 hammers and 180+ from cutting edge.
With the long monos the tighter twist is good, the 160 SBDII actually states they need a 7 twist, but I'm hoping my 6500+ ft elevation will help me out

Anyone run the 7 max with Magpul AICS mags? I have an AI 338 mag that works great but I want to try the Magpul to get less rattle.

Straight jacket armory does great work. I prefer preferredbarrelblanks. I am running a arc neuclus action so I just had preferred turn me a shouldered 7 max barrel and I spun it on.
Short action nucleus? I have one and am considering a 7 max, just wondering what mag box I need and if any mods to the action would be needed.

Short action nucleus? I have one and am considering a 7 max, just wondering what mag box I need and if any mods to the action would be needed.
Depending on the bullets you use, it needs a medium or long action, seated out near the lands I think the are in the 3.1"-3.3" length depending on the bullet. If you have a standard remington, they can be opened up for Wyatts new box, it allows right around 3.310", but generally won't work on clones. Also, if your using shorter bullets you should be fine as well.

Ok, need some help with two items. I am running a 7 Max in an ARC Archimedes L/A in a Manners EH1. Rounds are fed through a HS -Precision Pro Series DBM, which I really like, but am having feeding issues. When grabbing another round (180 Berger VLD), the tip of the bullet digs into feedramp and usually won't pop-up and feed into the chamber. Which brings me to my first question:
1) Any suggestions on how to fix this issue? Thinking out loud, I'm thinking I need to move the bullets forward in the magazine, as opposed to pushing it all the way back (which creates a decent sized gap between bullet OAL and front of the magazine. If I move it forward in the magazine, the tip might rise a bit higher and not dig into the feed ramp. Just thought of this and haven't tried it yet, but will tomorrow.

Recent Posts