7mm sherman max

Who has been doing your guys Smith work? Im waiting for my rifle in 260 terminator to be done soon, but I have had my eye on the 7 max for a while. It's why I bought a med length action.

Who has been doing your guys Smith work? Im waiting for my rifle in 260 terminator to be done soon, but I have had my eye on the 7 max for a while. It's why I bought a med length action.
Straight jacket armory does great work. I prefer preferredbarrelblanks. I am running a arc neuclus action so I just had preferred turn me a shouldered 7 max barrel and I spun it on.

Yeah I am running a Lone Peak Razor Ti, I think a smith I need a Smith.
Taking my family around the country in a camper for a while doesn't leave a lot of room for a rifle work bench, but never know I might come up with something for small spaces.

I have an Oregon Mountain Rifle 8twist 26" Sendero with 0.040" added free-bore and I have a pair of Bartlein Carbon 8 twist on order from straightjacket with matching bores for my son and I. I'll probably sell the OMR barrel when the new ones arrive.

I have an Oregon Mountain Rifle 8twist 26" Sendero with 0.040" added free-bore and I have a pair of Bartlein Carbon 8 twist on order from straightjacket with matching bores for my son and I. I'll probably sell the OMR barrel when the new ones arrive.

I didn't realize bartlein had carbon barrels, I guess that's the thing now so why not.
How was the Smith work at straight jacket?

I checked out their website, looks like I can get a prefit barrel for my Lone Peak Fuzion Ti, which is awesome because I probably won't have a work bench in the camper.
I'm wondering on capacity of the case with a 175-195 in a med length action. I'm thinking about sending it to Defensive Edge for the +P throat to increase speed by dropping pressure then cramming more powder in,or increasing burn rate.
Or maybe trying the Absolute Hammer rounds for REDUCED friction.

Correct Hawkeye, Straightjacket make prefits for several actions, not just defiance. Depending on what powder you have on hand or can get, the 195s can be pushed to just under 3000fps and the 175's near 3100. I suspect some more could be wrung out, but that suits me til I giggle. I don't know enough about the +P throat to comment on it. I remember looking into it purely out of curiosity, but I wasn't moved enough to go further and now I don't remember the specifics. My Max +.040" will hold about .6 grains more than the standard case, but it doesn't add much beyond moving those long bullets a little more into the neck which helps bit with a bulky power or one that won't quite get to pressure with the standard case. That may benefit you a bit with the +P throat as the purpose is bonus velocity... again depends on your powder. I'd like to hear about it if you go that route.