7mm sherman max

Pretty excited for my wife's compact light 20" 7 max, it's gonna be perfect! After running some ballistics, I think I'm gonna go with the 145 Bulldozer, with attainable velocities it is identicle to the 180 vld for wind drift (only about 1 inch behind the 195 @ 1000 for drift) and only gives up 100 ft-lbs of energy at 1000 to the 195, but has 250 fps more velocity and 7 MOA less drop by 1000, all with less recoil....an awesome hunting load!
Screenshot_20200814-070117_Applied Ballistics.jpg
Screenshot_20200814-070124_Applied Ballistics.jpg

Pretty excited for my wife's compact light 20" 7 max, it's gonna be perfect! After running some ballistics, I think I'm gonna go with the 145 Bulldozer, with attainable velocities it is identicle to the 180 vld for wind drift (only about 1 inch behind the 195 @ 1000 for drift) and only gives up 100 ft-lbs of energy at 1000 to the 195, but has 250 fps more velocity and 7 MOA less drop by 1000, all with less recoil....an awesome hunting load!

I like your thinking. I was just on the Badlands page contemplating ordering some of the 145's to try out. Where did you get the G7 number from? Is that the revised BC straight from Badlands, or have you/someone else shot these out to distance and trued the BC up?

I like your thinking. I was just on the Badlands page contemplating ordering some of the 145's to try out. Where did you get the G7 number from? Is that the revised BC straight from Badlands, or have you/someone else shot these out to distance and trued the BC up?
The one listed on their site is not the one with the revised ogive, boattail etc., if you want those bullets you need to call george and ask for the g2 model of the 145, and while I have not, other people have confirmed drops using a .620 G1 bc

FYI, I talked to George and to stabilize the revised 145 BD with the .620 G1 BC they are recommending a 1:7" twist. Guess I'll be ordering a new 7mm barrel to give them a go!

The one listed on their site is not the one with the revised ogive, boattail etc., if you want those bullets you need to call george and ask for the g2 model of the 145, and while I have not, other people have confirmed drops using a .620 G1 bc

Do you know if anyone's run the g2's in a 1:8 twist? I know George has advertised a 1:7 min but I had a hard time finding a 7mm in a 1:7 barrel.

My 7 Max isn't quite done but I really didn't think I'd need to run a 1:7 for the 145 G2's. We will see in a few weeks. Obviously the bullets are way different but frick the 1:8 stabilizes a 195 Berger great SS will a 1:9 in some rifles at elevation. Hmmm that surprises me even though it's copper. I hunt dang near sea level at times too.

Where is the data on these? I don't really want be that guy, but I take a mfgr's BC with a grain of salt. It seems all of them have their thumb on the scale; although, if they all fudge the same amount its ok. The number is just a guideline. My reservation in this case is a pill that is 50 grains lighter that has nearly the same wind drift... easy to say, but... I suppose if you spin it fast enough you can wring out some BC

Where is the data on these? I don't really want be that guy, but I take a mfgr's BC with a grain of salt. It seems all of them have their thumb on the scale; although, if they all fudge the same amount its ok. The number is just a guideline. My reservation in this case is a pill that is 50 grains lighter that has nearly the same wind drift... easy to say, but... I suppose if you spin it fast enough you can wring out some BC
I haven't used this particular bullet, but I am using the 270 .338 Bulldozer, which is advertised to have a .803 G7. When I duplicated my load and converted to G7, it came out as .407 G7, I have used that and confirmed that out to 1150 yards so far, and it has been spot on, so I'm hopeful that this bullet will be similar. I have seen others shoot it, but only out to 600 or so, which doesn't proove it ckmpletely, only that it is in the rough ballpark, which even then, is good. For me what is left, at least for the 270's, is terminal performance.

I haven't used this particular bullet, but I am using the 270 .338 Bulldozer, which is advertised to have a .803 G7. When I duplicated my load and converted to G7, it came out as .407 G7, I have used that and confirmed that out to 1150 yards so far, and it has been spot on, so I'm hopeful that this bullet will be similar. I have seen others shoot it, but only out to 600 or so, which doesn't proove it ckmpletely, only that it is in the rough ballpark, which even then, is good. For me what is left, at least for the 270's, is terminal performance.
What twist you running with the 270 bulldozer? I have a 338 rum with a 9.3 twist.

What twist you running with the 270 bulldozer? I have a 338 rum with a 9.3 twist.
9 twist. With the 9, my s.g. at my elevation (6,800-7,000 ft) is 1.83 or so depending on the day. A 9.3 MIGHT just get away with it, at the right elevation, but it would be close. The 240 super bulldozer may be a better option, the advertised bc on that is still good at .710 G1

Looking to fire form my new brass with IMR 7977 b/c I don't want to waste my n570. Burn rate is in the spectrum and have a few extra 1lb bottles laying around. Can anyone (rich?) recommend a fire forming load w/ imr 7977?