7mm sherman max

Very nice. I just finalized my load with the 195 Gr Berger's. I got all the way up to 2950 FPS when I saw pressure. But my best accuracy node was at 62 Gr of RL26 which put me at an average speed of 2865 FPS.

I found out that RL26 is a SUPER dirty powder. I started cleaning my rifle now after every outing And just firing a couple of fouling shots. When I went out yesterday, I fired 4 fouling shots and then fired 6 shots at 515 yards. 5-10 are the 6 shots. To be honest, I really only needed 1 fouling shot to get it to group and have good ES. The wind was blowing from right to left at 7-8mph on my fouling shots. Fouling Shot 1 was way low and the FPS was 2826 which was really low. Fouling Shot 2 hit my point of aim and the speed was good but fouling shots 3 and 4 went a little left because I didn't adjust for wind. But right before the sun was setting, the wind just pretty much stopped. Right to left 1-2 mph. That's when the shots really started stacking them in. Shots 5-10 shot a 2.2" group at 515 yards. I'll take a 2.2" 6 shot group any day at 515 yards.

View attachment 178810
Nice Shooting!!

Berger 180 or the EOL 195s. As you mentioned, Reloader powders have been too dirty and temp sensitive for my liking. Concentrating my initial load efforts on N565 or N570.

Rifle Specs:
ARC Archimedes L/A
26" 1:8 HCA Carbon Killer Barrel w/ 4 port brake
Manners EH1 w/ flush cups on left side
H-S Precision pro-series DBM
Geisselle Super 700 trigger
Rented 7mm Max remear
Smith: Mike at Hells Canyon Armory (builds the HCA Carbon barrel too)
Expected Glass: Nightforce NX8 4-32 MOAR reticle in ARC 30mm rings

I'm going to fire form my saum brass with 162 AMAX I have in surplus for my 7-08. I also have a pound of IMR4831 that I'm going to do it with. Hodgdon's reloading data site lists a load for 7 SAUM with that powder in a 162 bullet weight. Starting at 55gr at 54 ksi and a max of 59gr at 63.8 ksi. Thinking about running around 57gr in the Max to fire form. Would anyone have any heartburn with that? I figure it's probably a conservative 7 SAUM load anyway.

I'm going to fire form my saum brass with 162 AMAX I have in surplus for my 7-08. I also have a pound of IMR4831 that I'm going to do it with. Hodgdon's reloading data site lists a load for 7 SAUM with that powder in a 162 bullet weight. Starting at 55gr at 54 ksi and a max of 59gr at 63.8 ksi. Thinking about running around 57gr in the Max to fire form. Would anyone have any heartburn with that? I figure it's probably a conservative 7 SAUM load anyway.
You should be fine there!

My 7 Max build is just about ready. The dies are all I lack. I could get The Whidden dies now, but I've heard some complaints about Whidden dies. Hornady dies are expected to be ready in May. Ive always used Redding or Forester dies and know nothing about these others.
I've considered having Neil Jones make a one of his custom dies, but I'd need a few pieces of fired brass, and I can't make the cartridges without a die...

Does anyone have advise on dies for the Max?

My 7 Max build is just about ready. The dies are all I lack. I could get The Whidden dies now, but I've heard some complaints about Whidden dies. Hornady dies are expected to be ready in May. Ive always used Redding or Forester dies and know nothing about these others.
I've considered having Neil Jones make a one of his custom dies, but I'd need a few pieces of fired brass, and I can't make the cartridges without a die...

Does anyone have advise on dies for the Max?
The 7ss Forster dies will work just fine and especially if you turn the neck a little

Recently I finished my first sherman. 7 max it is on a Defiance Deviant XM, Sunny Hill BDL, McMillan Game Hunter, with a custom paint job by Josh Beauchamp in Arizona, MBM Lil Beast, 8.4 twist proof Sendero Light, Triggertech Diamond, Modular Evolution bipod, Leupold Mark 5 3.6-18 in Badger Ordnance Low rings.

So far this rifle will shoot! Even while fire forming brass and initial ladder test with N565.

Oh And by the way...
20200328_210652.jpg
Rich has been a pleasure to work with! He is extremely helpful! Thank you Rich.

Recently I finished my first sherman. 7 max it is on a Defiance Deviant XM, Sunny Hill BDL, McMillan Game Hunter, with a custom paint job by Josh Beauchamp in Arizona, MBM Lil Beast, 8.4 twist proof Sendero Light, Triggertech Diamond, Modular Evolution bipod, Leupold Mark 5 3.6-18 in Badger Ordnance Low rings.

So far this rifle will shoot! Even while fire forming brass and initial ladder test with N565.

Oh And by the way... View attachment 184217Rich has been a pleasure to work with! He is extremely helpful! Thank you Rich.
You're very welcome Josh! I appreciate you guys!
Looking forward to some numbers👍

Rich, here is what I have so far... 75 degrees at sea level 180 Berger Hybrid .18 thou off lands 1x fired Sherman head stamped ADG brass, Fed 215 GM, N565 ladder at 300 yards starting load at 61 grains increasing at .3 grain increments and last load at 67 grains with velocity of 3019 fps. This was my last load and I could probably go higher. I had zero stiff bolt lift and a slight ejector mark but I suspect that my brass was not completely formed at this point. I will check some loads for accuracy soon. One thing I had not seen before was the point of impact shifted down as I progressed through the ladder. I guess that is due to the barrel whipping? 300 yds is the furthest that I have convenient access to.

Rich, here is what I have so far... 75 degrees at sea level 180 Berger Hybrid .18 thou off lands 1x fired Sherman head stamped ADG brass, Fed 215 GM, N565 ladder at 300 yards starting load at 61 grains increasing at .3 grain increments and last load at 67 grains with velocity of 3019 fps. This was my last load and I could probably go higher. I had zero stiff bolt lift and a slight ejector mark but I suspect that my brass was not completely formed at this point. I will check some loads for accuracy soon. One thing I had not seen before was the point of impact shifted down as I progressed through the ladder. I guess that is due to the barrel whipping? 300 yds is the furthest that I have convenient access to.
Thank you!
I have seen poi go down with increased charge and then it usually JUMPS up at some point

26" barrel