7mm SAUM

RDSHOOTER

Just wondering if anyone has tried RL26 with the 195gr Berger VLD in the 7 SAUM. I don't find any load data out there.

Have you tried looking on the Reloader powder web site. Not sure it might also go by Alliant powder. Any way they cover a lot of loads on their site.

You'll have to call Berger for data in a 7 SAUM. I called them for loads using the 175gr Elite Hunter and RL23. They will not respond via email anymore but they will help you out if you call.

I developed a load for a friends 7saum and ended up with 60gr H4831sc with the 175gr berger. Very consistent 1/4 moa out to 800. Velocity is 2940 and its a 26" 1-9 twist. I went thru reloader powders and quite a few others before settling on H4831sc

I developed a load for a friends 7saum and ended up with 60gr H4831sc with the 175gr berger. Very consistent 1/4 moa out to 800. Velocity is 2940 and its a 26" 1-9 twist. I went thru reloader powders and quite a few others before settling on H4831sc

Great info. I have 4831 but not in the SC flavor, though it's easy to get around me. I'm about to pick up some 175s.

I love RL26 in my Model Seven 7 SAUM. I'm getting 2960 fps with 160 grain Accubonds out of a factory 22" barrel.

7SAUM.jpg
I got out to do some testing and I think it is going to work just fine.

Another powder to look at that is already on Hodgdon's site but not at retailers yet. IMR8133. It's showing top velocity in similarly sized cases. Should be out around shot I'm reading. I missed the press release on it a few weeks ago. Might be promising for SAUM shooters depending on load density.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.