7mm SAUM

7Rumloader

Who is shooting one?? What were your best loads with 140's like the Accubond and TSX's???
Thanks in advance!

Hi i do not like the X Bullets i believe they do not work aswell as conventional bullets and the only way they are of use is if the cartrige you are using is marginal for the game. I have a Model Seven SS and use the 139gr SST's and 140gr Cor-Loct with CCI Mag Primers and have pressure at 63.5gr H4831SC it shoots verry well with a Limb Saver Barrel Deresonator shooting under 1/2" at 100 yards i prefer running 160gr Australian made Woodleigh Bullets or Speer grand Slams with 66gr H1000 it has similar velocity as 60gr H4831sc with less pressure.

i have also used Retumbo in compressed loads with 160gr projectiles and heavier and they shoot verry well. I think if you like the 7mmsaum the 162sst or interbond and the 160gr Accubond are better for the larger animals and are better for the long shots.

Cheers Bill
Australia

My best groups with the 140 accubond were with H-4350. A hair under .5 inch. I use 58.5 grs. I'm thinking pretty seriously about using that bullet this season for deer. I use 65 grs. of H-1000 with the 160 gr. accubond and get about 2950 f.p.s with all shots touching. I have'nt chronographed the 140's yet.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.