7mm SAUM pistol

sixgunner

7mmSAUM-1.jpg

7mmsaumat900yards.jpg

I bought this long range rig a few months ago. I finally have it set up and loads worked up for it. It is a Savage Target action with a Brux barrel and Mcree stock with adjustable grip. The scope is a 6.5x20x40 Leupold with Holland ART reticle. I am shooting 162gr Hornady AMax bullets in front of 67.0grs of H1000 powder using Federal match primers. I am using Remington brass weight sorted. Of course its a Fuzz rest. The second picture is a target shot at 900 yards, three shots and measured 5". This is the first time I have shot that far. I think its pretty good for a good ol boy from south Ga. Not many places to even shoot 900 yards down here. :D

Nice rig and great shooting. I thought hard about this cartridge , but went with the 7mmWSM. No particular reason though. Kirby is building it from a Borden Alpine action. I hope to get a call about it soon.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.