7mm saum - load data help!

Federal 210m and .020" off
Thank you
Sorry to hear you have a Hawk Hill barrel. I have two of them - one on my 7saum and a 260rem. Both are TERRIBLE. Hawk Hill made the barrel and did the install. After I reported terrible results, they took the rifle back four times and couldn't get it to shoot the way it should. I had to get another gunsmith to go over the rifle and he reported he went through his regular Quality Control checklist on the rifles and EVERYTHING he checked was off or wrong. Rifles shoot ok now.
i also have two other barrels from the and they are 1/4 Mia shooters. I only have them provide the barrel and not the gunsmithing.

Resurrecting an old thread here to try to get some 7SAUM data for the Enduron powders.

Well.... I got lucky before the shortages hit and although I'm kind of short on Hodgdon Extreme powders what I do have a bunch of is IMR 8133 and some of the others but can't find any load data for them for 7SAUM.

Seems like they've developed data for a lot of cartridges for Enduron powders but the 7SAUM seems to always be sucking hind tit. LOL

So... Has anyone seen any published data for say 8133 or 7977 or other Enduron powders for my 7SAUM?

I'm particularly looking for data for the 160gr AccuBond bullets which literally seem to be magic in my 7SAUM. They're hyper accurate and although I think Partitions kill quicker they're reasonably good in the terminal performance area.

Maybe info for the 168 Berger offerings would be nice too. Anyone have Berger's latest manual?

Resurrecting an old thread here to try to get some 7SAUM data for the Enduron powders.

Well.... I got lucky before the shortages hit and although I'm kind of short on Hodgdon Extreme powders what I do have a bunch of is IMR 8133 and some of the others but can't find any load data for them for 7SAUM.

Seems like they've developed data for a lot of cartridges for Enduron powders but the 7SAUM seems to always be sucking hind tit. LOL

So... Has anyone seen any published data for say 8133 or 7977 or other Enduron powders for my 7SAUM?

I'm particularly looking for data for the 160gr AccuBond bullets which literally seem to be magic in my 7SAUM. They're hyper accurate and although I think Partitions kill quicker they're reasonably good in the terminal performance area.

Maybe info for the 168 Berger offerings would be nice too. Anyone have Berger's latest manual?

I tried the IMR7977 in my 7mm RSAUM with the Berger 168 VLDH.

I hit pressure at 63.0 grains (I went up to 67.0 gr using H1000....)

I didn't get accuracy I was looking for so I stopped working with that powder in that cartridge.

Yeah the IMR/Hodg data sure looks like they just left early one day and forgot to finish the SAUM, it's super annoying. What do they say on the site about 7977, "similar to h1000 but materially different"? Come on guys, that's just saying go ahead and use interchangeably with h1000 but if you blow your scalp off it's not our fault.

In my 7mm RSAUM, I tried 7977 but hit pressure way earlier than I did with H1000.

63.0 gr 7977 was too hot. I went up to 67.0 gr H1000. All with a Berger 168 VLDH.

My gun is a Remington XP-100 with a 17.5" bbl, 0.140" freebore. H1000 has produced 2830-2850 fps with good loads, while H4831cs has only gotten me 2700 fps.

Sorry i'm bringing up old stuff, but i'm building an 18" proof 7saum and was thinking of H1000 as well. What weight bullet were you pushing 2830-2850?

Recent Posts