7mm RUM

Has anyone played with the 195 EOL? I have a box of them and plenty of Retumbo and H1000. Hoping to find a load for elk and all other critters.

Has anyone played with the 195 EOL? I have a box of them and plenty of Retumbo and H1000. Hoping to find a load for elk and all other critters.

I messed with them a bit. I was shooting 3.035 comparator length and 86 grains of Retumbo. I was shooting 2970 fps.gun)

Thanks guys. I am still working with it.

I'll make you a deal. Send us the rifle for our custom load development. If we are not able to get MOA or better out to 600y we will send it back no charge. If we can get it to work you pay the normal fees of $350 for load development and purchase a min of 100 rounds of ammo. Only risk you will have is the shipping cost to us. If we are unable to get the expected accuracy we will pay for the shipping back. We will not wear your rifle out in the process. We will know if you have a rifle problem in the 1st 10 rounds. We are hundreds of rifles in and have not had one yet that would not shoot sub moa. There have been three that had scope or rifle issues that once fixed shot great. We will give you all the load data so you can do your own from that point on.

Let me know,

Steve

It might be the rifle. ??? When I got it, it was shooting 3" groups. Ray Perry went through it, and it dropped to sub MOA with Remington Premier 140gr. That cartridge is no longer available, and I cannot get a handload with 140 gr bullets to group. Not interested in heavier bullets. I have handloaded for many years, and never have not been able to get a rifle to group less than MOA, with my pet rifles shooting 1/2 moa or better. I am going to take one more run at it. I have had a couple hundred rounds through it, and these barrels are only suppose to be good for about 700 rounds. I take care to let it cool between shots, but, I am at the point of frustration.

It might be the rifle. ??? When I got it, it was shooting 3" groups. Ray Perry went through it, and it dropped to sub MOA with Remington Premier 140gr. That cartridge is no longer available, and I cannot get a handload with 140 gr bullets to group. Not interested in heavier bullets. I have handloaded for many years, and never have not been able to get a rifle to group less than MOA, with my pet rifles shooting 1/2 moa or better. I am going to take one more run at it. I have had a couple hundred rounds through it, and these barrels are only suppose to be good for about 700 rounds. I take care to let it cool between shots, but, I am at the point of frustration.

I don't think you have a rifle problem or I would not have made my offer. :D We do have a satisfaction guarantee with our bullets. You buy a box and not happy we will refund you. Our 143g Hammer Hunter will do everything you want. I will be happy to go over powder selection and start load to get you on your way. I am pretty confident that we can have you shooting accurately and sighted in with drops in less than 50 shots and get the kind of performance the 7rum was designed for.

Steve

It has been frustrating. Ray builds Bench Rest and F Class rifles, that will compete with anyone. He knows his stuff. He just took first place in all 7 classes at a Bench Rest Match in Huntsville, a few weeks back, and has shot a possible numerous times in F Class. I think I could get it done with heavier bullets, but want the lighter to do the job. I bought a box of Bergers, and if that does not work, I will be giving you a call! Thanks.

Sounds good.

Reminds me of a couple local guys that we see every now and then at the local range. Showed them what we were doing last year just after we got started. Both guys with new semi custom rifles. They declined to try our bullets. Ran into them a couple of weeks ago and they were 400 rounds each down the tube and still trying to get good accuracy. I made them a deal to meet them at the range the next day and bring a box of bullets for each along with reloading equipment and if I could not get accuracy out of their rifles, no obligation. If I could get the desired results they would pay for the bullets. They both paid for a box of bullets and still had 25 out of 50 left. That was with trying two different powders in each rifle. I told them they would have been quite a bit of money ahead if they had just been willing to pay the higher cost of our bullets.:D Along with still relatively new rifles.

Steve

What kind of powder and velocity do you normally deal with, on the 7mmRUM? I don't doubt you know what you are doing. If I had not already bought and opened this box of Berger VLD bullets, I would just try yours right off. Thanks

Clean it big time. Get someone with a boroscope to look for copper, carbon in rifling. Seen it many times.

What kind of powder and velocity do you normally deal with, on the 7mmRUM? I don't doubt you know what you are doing. If I had not already bought and opened this box of Berger VLD bullets, I would just try yours right off. Thanks

1st powder I would try would be RL-26 with our 143g Hammer Hunter and start at 89g and work up. 3500fps should be in the ball park for a top end load. Looks like case capacity should be fine. If not enough space I would then try RL-23. Each rifle is different so be careful.

I am sure that someone here would take the Bergers of your hands if you like the Hammers. Remember if you try the Hammers and don't like them I'll buy them back and you are only out a bit of powder.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts