7mm RUM

I'll make you a deal. Send us the rifle for our custom load development. If we are not able to get MOA or better out to 600y we will send it back no charge. If we can get it to work you pay the normal fees of $350 for load development and purchase a min of 100 rounds of ammo. Only risk you will have is the shipping cost to us. If we are unable to get the expected accuracy we will pay for the shipping back. We will not wear your rifle out in the process. We will know if you have a rifle problem in the 1st 10 rounds. We are hundreds of rifles in and have not had one yet that would not shoot sub moa. There have been three that had scope or rifle issues that once fixed shot great. We will give you all the load data so you can do your own from that point on.

Let me know,

Steve

Hmmmm, hundreds of rifles at $350 a pop... If you want to supply me with projectiles, I can quit my job and just start doing load development at 500' ASL for yall. Split the profits 75/25...And all you got to do is supply the bullets. :D

Hmmmm, hundreds of rifles at $350 a pop... If you want to supply me with projectiles, I can quit my job and just start doing load development at 500' ASL for yall. Split the profits 75/25...And all you got to do is supply the bullets. :D

Hmmm, Most of loads have been in our own or others for testing. Someday maybe we will have a deal. :D Right now headed out to shoot one of those test loads on a new bullet.

Steve

Should have said loads not rifles.

Steve

The 7rum is tough as hell on bullets... I wouldn't use a "hunting" match bullet in one. You WILL have accuracy issues as the bullet is too stressed by the chambering...

What bullets have you used???
your powder choices are decent; if the rifle has shot one load well and everything's fine on the rifle, it seems to me a crappy bullet choice was made....

Just received a note from a customer yesterday about his 7rum and our 143g Hammer Hunter. He is running RL-26 and worked up to find pressure at 3760fps. This is, in my opinion, truly unlocking the designed potential of the 7rum.

At 1000ft elev and standard atmosphere this gives a 400y zero for max point blank range of 465y. It will carry 1800fps to 1125y. At 800y impact vel would be 2300fsp with only 7.5 moa of drop and 7.5 moa of drift with a full value 10mph wind. At 800y still has 1665ft/lbs of energy. An arbitrary figure but good to know. (Whole other subject) All of these figures will only get better with added elevation.

Now the 7rum is the long range laser beam it was designed and marketed to be. You can lob them into 800y or get them there on a rope.

Steve

Has anyone played with the 195 EOL? I have a box of them and plenty of Retumbo and H1000. Hoping to find a load for elk and all other critters.
may not be relevant because I single feed this rifle along with my edge and other rums, but I am working on one right now , 30 inch 8.5 krieger 5r I had my reamer done with .261 fb and .949 bore rider, shot it for the first time last weekend , workin up a load with wc872 hit 3200 fps very easy still sootin necks but shot real promising.

may not be relevant because I single feed this rifle along with my edge and other rums, but I am working on one right now , 30 inch 8.5 krieger 5r I had my reamer done with .261 fb and .949 bore rider, shot it for the first time last weekend , workin up a load with wc872 hit 3200 fps very easy still sootin necks but shot real promising.
Hi TwoMore, did you ever settle on a load?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.