7mm RUM

Boy, talk about a long time between posts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Welcome back.

The 7RUM necked down to 270 and with the shoulder sharpened and moved, and the case sides blown out is the 270 Allen Magnum. I've done a few hundred of them as have others here.

You can do a search on the 270 AM and read all about it or ask Kirby Allen ( fiftydriver ) about it. It's his creation.

If you're just talking about necking it down and leaving everything the same, then I can't help you with that version. The act of necking it down is a simple one step process however, and it goes smoothly. Never lost a case yet.

Thanks for the info. I called myself searching through old posts and could not find what I was looking for. But by some unanswerable explanation /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I seem to be finding the info I need now.
(I guess now I am looking in the right areas.) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I should have done a better job of searching past posts.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.