7mm RUM or 300 RUM

I have the 7 ultra, 300 ultra and the 338 ultra. The most accurate, by far, is the 7mm. The most universal is the 300 and the most fun to shoot is the 338. I have taken animals at several distances with all, and the answer is you can't go wrong with with any of them. I couldn't pick so I ended up getting all three.

Shot my new custom 7 ultra today. Benchmark 29inch barrel, 180 VLDH bullets. Best it shot at 100yds was:
50 BMG .364 group 3200fps
Retumbo .471 group 3260fps
Only 3 shot groups. Next time I will shoot 5 shot groups. Looking forward to shoot longer distances.
Should have my custom 300 ultra done in a month.

Go to 600 and shoot them that will tell you... Mine likes the hybrid 1 to 2 inch groups. 94.0 retumbo 180 hybrid moly top load..

I have had a 7mm RUM for about 8 years, I really like the cartridge. Every deer I've shot drop in their tracks with the 7mm RUM. I shoot factory HSM loads with 180 grain Bergers. I reload, but this ammo gives me 3 shot groups in the 5/8's in area at over 3,000 fps, no need to reload.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts