7mm rm bullets for browning abolt

GUNNNN

Let me say that I'm new to this site I mostly just read what y'all put on here and try to learn from your perspective but my question is I have a Browning a bolt in 7 mm rem mag 1 in 9.25 twist I've shot the 162 grain hornady bullets with pretty good success I really like reloader 22. What bullet weight and type would y'all recommend thank you in advance

I could be wrong, but I thought Browning's were 1:9.5 Twist. We always ran a specific load that included the 140 gr Berger VLD @ 3.31" COAL with RL 22 and Fed 215 primers in 1:9.5 twist 7mm RM's which included Weatherbys and Brownings that we actually loaded for, shot, hunted with, etc (should also include Savage and Tikka). I believe Remington is the only one I can think of that is 1:9.25T and then one we loaded for didn't like the specific load as much (about .25 MOA larger groups). If you want the load, shoot me a PM. Love the 7mm Rem Mag.

I could be wrong, but I thought Browning's were 1:9.5 Twist. We always ran a specific load that included the 140 gr Berger VLD @ 3.31" COAL with RL 22 and Fed 215 primers in 1:9.5 twist 7mm RM's which included Weatherbys and Brownings that we actually loaded for, shot, hunted with, etc (should also include Savage and Tikka). I believe Remington is the only one I can think of that is 1:9.25T and then one we loaded for didn't like the specific load as much (about .25 MOA larger groups). If you want the load, shoot me a PM. Love the 7mm Rem Mag.

You are correct, the Remington rifles are the only ones with a 1 in 9.25, the rest are 1 in 9.5. The 1 in 9.5 should stabilize up to the 180gr VLD according to the Berger twist rate stability calculator.

Stay safe

I'd recommend anything 160gr and above. Mine likes the 162gr SST, both 160gr Sierra Gamekings, 168gr Hybrid Hunter and working up a load for the 180gr VLDH.

It also likes lighter bullets but you'll have better results on game with heavier bullets.

Stay safe

I bought the rifle used so I went to browning web site for my info about the twist that's the only thing I've looked at you may very well be right thank you for the info

I have two Browning X-bolt .280s that love 160 gr Accubonds ahead of 7828ssc.
They are also great shooters with 140 gr Accubonds and H4831ssc. Both loads are 1/2" loads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have any of ya'll shot any h1000 in your 7 rem mag I've a few lbs thought it might handle the heavier bullets better I haven't tried it yet

I have had one of those since they first shipped. (I preordered mine.) It shoots everything I've tried well. The 160 grain Accubond was very accurate but I was not happy with it on elk so I switched to Nosler Partitions. With my rifle I found I could exceed published reloading performance. Years ago I put electrical heat-shrink tubing on the barrel to make it less noticeable hunting, and it's still on it. You should LOVE your rifle!

I'm using the Hornady 154 interbonds with RL26 pushing them at 3200 fps my 2020 elk was shot at 286 yds I'm sold on interbonds

Attachments

• 28C9CE73-FF58-4055-B04C-EB34A0F3F7DB.jpeg
    28C9CE73-FF58-4055-B04C-EB34A0F3F7DB.jpeg
    325 KB · Views: 116
Let me say that I'm new to this site I mostly just read what y'all put on here and try to learn from your perspective but my question is I have a Browning a bolt in 7 mm rem mag 1 in 9.25 twist I've shot the 162 grain hornady bullets with pretty good success I really like reloader 22. What bullet weight and type would y'all recommend thank you in advance
As you probably already know, it depends on what animal you're shooting and how far. In my Browning BAR Mark3 7mm Mag I've recently tried 160 grain Nosler Partitions for an upcoming hog hunt. I've found them to be extremely accurate at 100 yards, 3 rounds covered by a nickel. If you're shooting a few hundred yards, I'd do the Accubonds.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.