7mm remington ultra mag

Can you find out how many firing on the brass? You should take note of that. It would be good to know.
Yes the seller has had the rifle from new and bought 50 brass with it he claims to have put 250 rounds through the rifle so that says to me the cartridges have been loaded 5 times interesting that's the first time I thought about that but yes ill definitely be keeping track

you can literally shoot those 50 until your absolutely tired of them ... and buy more..
one good way is I usually start with 200 new pieces 4 50 round boxes for any giving rifle and run through firing them in order marking them as I go that way your brass will last basically the life of the rifle!
if your separating cases on first or second firing .... stop,, rethink your loads and load practices, and buy the right equipment to measure!
if your shelling primer pockets in first or second firing ^^^^^^ this again!

Wondering if anyone has some advice or experiences they can share with me as I'm purchasing a Remington 700 XHR in 7mm ultra mag today
yes call me i have new brass, fired brass,and loaded rounds plus dies i retired mine and converted into 7mm WSM their wonderful while your throat last! Less than 500 rounds if that so buy a long barrel and just keep rechambering when accuracy goes to pot. my number is 208-420-4616 ask for Lance

Wondering if anyone has some advice or experiences they can share with me as I'm purchasing a Remington 700 XHR in 7mm ultra mag today
Mine liked AA8700 best about 16 years ago. That was before I had US869, Reloader 50, and a couple others readily available. Others used 50 BMG, and it was around, but I never tried it. Let us know what it turns out to work best with.

My main big game rifle is a Remington Alaska Ti action and barrel, reworked a bit and McMillan Edge stock. It loves 91gr of Retumbo and 180gr Bergers, nosler brass

I have never heard of anyone getting that many firings out of a Rum case, no matter how the load. Kudos

Dean
I wiped out a 7rum barrel on 100 casings, necked them up to 30 cal., and I'm still running them in my older lh 300rum... they have better than 1/2 dozen passes on them already. I have knocked out a couple of 20 round boxes (I have 2 300 rums and my brother had one for a spell) of 300rum brass doing l.d. and blew a couple of pockets on my Brux bbl.d lh 7rum before I figured out how short the throat really was... All in all though, they seem to be outlasting the barrel unless you push them too hard.

At the time, 150 Scirocco's with H1000, were the ticket. But if I still had the 7RUM, Ramshot LRT, would be my go-to powder for that king of the seven bore monster. Ramshot Magnum, is a great substitute for H1000, when it wasn't available a couple years ago.

I since moved to the 28 Nosler/195 EOL/Ramshot LRT.
What primers did you try and which one shot best on your stick? I usually put F215M but having a hard time finding them. I did find in a crate I had in storage some Remington 9 1/2 but I'm pretty sure the 7 rum requires the nomenclature 9 1/2M

What primers did you try and which one shot best on your stick? I usually put F215M but having a hard time finding them. I did find in a crate I had in storage some Remington 9 1/2 but I'm pretty sure the 7 rum requires the nomenclature 9 1/2M
If you can't find 2q5s use Winchester mag. Anything short of those don't have enough kapoosta. I have had click booms with cci 250 and rem mags in the RUMs and othe large capacity cases. Just too much powder for those softer primers.

If you can't find 2q5s use Winchester mag. Anything short of those don't have enough kapoosta. I have had click booms with cci 250 and rem mags in the RUMs and othe large capacity cases. Just too much powder for those softer primers.
Thanks Dean, how are supplies up in Canada? Are they just as bad as down here? I live In Colorado and is pretty bad. A lot of price gauging going around...a brick of 215M is going for about 300 and have seen it as high as 600. Never seen it this bad.

Thanks Dean, how are supplies up in Canada? Are they just as bad as down here? I live In Colorado and is pretty bad. A lot of price gauging going around...a brick of 215M is going for about 300 and have seen it as high as 600. Never seen it this bad.
Actually, supplies are pretty reasonable but most of us that are serious tend to have fairly large stockpiles to ensure the rolling shortages of the past 30 years don't catch us out. I am sure as current supplies get bought up that replacements will be harder to find. One big advantage is we bring in a lot of supplies from non states suppliers now so that is helping offset issues the last 15 years.