7MM Remington Magnum 180 Berger Hunting VLD Loads?

I tried them in one of my 7rem mag(model 700 rem,26in barrel) an it didn't like em. For one, I found out that I had a 1n9.25 twist an it wouldn't stabilize them. For what it's worth, I have found that a lot of 7mags do like H-1000 powder. I am gonna rebarrel an go to a 1n9! I've heard that the 180's do like a 1n9! Amazing what .25 in twist will do! I did however try 69grns of H-1000,fed215primer,WW brass. Closest group I could get was 1in to 1"1/2 at 100. It does however love the 168's. hope this helps.

DT

I just started working up a load with the 180gr Hybrids (wishing now I had tried it last summer)

So since there isn't a mass of loads out there on the interwebz for this bullet in the 7mag, and Hodgdon Manual disagrees with Berger's using the same bullet no less. Using Retumbo I started at 68gr and increased the charges by 1/2gr to 73gr, one round of each charge. Found resistance to my bolt lift at 71gr. The interesting part is the first shot went high (clean barrel, the other 6 grouped less than an inch at 100. )I should point out I just finished installing a new stock, Pillar bedded it) My rifle has a 1 in 10 twist, they obviously stabilized since 6 different charges all grouped less than an inch from each other.

Byan designed the hybrids to be not so sensitive to seating depth, this is the 3rd "hybrid" I've tried and they are indeed insensitive to seating depth from what I've seen so far. The other 2 where Classic Hunter, 6mm 95gr, and 7mm168gr.

I just got into reloading and 180 gr bergers for my 7mm rm is what I am going with . I have imr 7828 ssc berger man says 57.5 gr max has anyone gone higher than that ? looking to get 300 fps out of them but heard that was not possiable with the 180s. any thoughts

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.