7mm Rem throat length/freebore???

Autorotate19

I have a question for everyone who has a factory 7mm of any make. Are you guys able to load your bullets close to the lands while still fitting in the magazine? Iv called remington and they wont help me out or even give me a general idea. Preferably if anyone has a accumark in 7mm rem would really help me out. Thanks

On my two Rem 700's 243Win and 7mm Mag I can seat the 95 and 168 BergerVLD's respectively at the lands and they fit in the magazines fine. The 243 measures 2.290 and the 7mm measures 2.733 using a stoney point gauge. Hope this helps. I believe an Accumark to be a Weatherby. I hear they are long throated.

I heard they are in the weatherby magnums but not in the standard caliber chamberings like the 7mm rem mag. Thanks

I have a Remington 700 Police and have no problem running 150's out to the rifling and still fitting in the magazine. JohnnyK.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.