7mm rem mag

NW Long Range

Ok I'm trying to load my 180gr Berger bullet's but I can't find how much to use.

fed 215 match primers, Win brass, and 180gr Berger VLD.

am I correct in using 65 to 73 gr? of Hodgdon powder.
gun)

What rilfe (what magizne length) are you loading for? 180 Bergers work fine with a 7mm rem Mag in a 3.6" magazine (like a Rem 700) but aren't that great in a 3.34" (SAAMI length) magazine.

"65-73g of Hogdon powder"

Are you serious.

Hogdon makes a zillion different powders.....at least give us a hint.

Ok after some more looking through the powder locker and a little luck; this is what I have come up with on hand. The weapon of choice a Vanguard 7mm Rem Mag 3.290 for my coal for a start and 58 gr of IMR4350 powder for a start and have moved up to 61gr. I have not seen any sings of pressure on the case so far.
I guess the question should have been what is the max load? sorry to ask such an uninformed question to start with.

Not to mention, I would get some MAGNUM Primers also. I found out the hard way that my BENCH REST PRIMERS I use in my .308/ .3006/ .35 just dont work as well in a Magnum round.
It just wont fire up Retumbo well. But my DUPONT IMR 4064 worked ok. Now my 7MAG shoots like my .223.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.