7mm Rem Mag.

Reloader56

I need some info. on a good choice of powder and charge for sierra 150gr GameKing.I'm shooting a Remington 700-7mm Rem Mag.gun)

lloydsmale . . . . . +1

That's great advice. In fact, if someone wants to quickly learn about reloading, they should get several different manuals. Most reloading manuals contain articles that explain lots of helpful info for the new reloader.

Reloading manuals from bullet and powder manufacturers seem to be the very best. It's also good to verify documanted loads between the different reloading manuals for an even better understanding.

Hey man, welcome to LongRangeHunting. Good choice of caliber, bullet and bullet weight. I have never used the GK but have shot a boat load of the 150gn Nosler Ballistic Tips through the two 7Mags that I owned.
My Remington Sendero liked the 150gn pushed by 67gn of RL22 and CCI's BR2 primers. My 700P liked the 150gn NBT pushed by 63.5gn of IMR4350 and Remington 9.5M primers. Both these loads gave me sub 1/2" groups and have been the demise of many a creature.
Check out reloadersnest.com, accuratepowder.com, alliantpowder.com, hodgdon.com and ramshot.com. All these are loaded under my favorites for quick ref. Good to have so you don't have to buy all the reloading manuals.
Hope this helps in your endeavors and again, welcome. JohnnyK.

Hey man, welcome to LongRangeHunting. Good choice of caliber, bullet and bullet weight. I have never used the GK but have shot a boat load of the 150gn Nosler Ballistic Tips through the two 7Mags that I owned.
My Remington Sendero liked the 150gn pushed by 67gn of RL22 and CCI's BR2 primers. My 700P liked the 150gn NBT pushed by 63.5gn of IMR4350 and Remington 9.5M primers. Both these loads gave me sub 1/2" groups and have been the demise of many a creature.
Check out reloadersnest.com, accuratepowder.com, alliantpowder.com, hodgdon.com and ramshot.com. All these are loaded under my favorites for quick ref. Good to have so you don't have to buy all the reloading manuals.
Hope this helps in your endeavors and again, welcome. JohnnyK.
Thanks johnnyk;your info was very helpfuland thanks for the warm welcome,i've been loading for only a little while and mainly use Nosler and Hornady Bullets and just needed a little help with the sierra's again thanks for your help.

Try the MKBT 175 with 63 grs of RL-22...this is what I shot at 1000yrds matchs and done well for me. I also shot the same load for deer killing and tactical shoots.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts