7mm Rem mag Vs .300 Winchester Mag

RanchhandTCR

Hello guys.

Im wanting to join the long range competions and be capable of shooting close to 1500 yards. 7mm have great ballistics, but the .300 win mag carries far better than the 7mm mag and their are more choice of bullets? My biggest question is what would you recommend and which one if more accuate to shoot? Im never will par take in long range hunting past 500-600 yards on elk, or deer. It will strictly be for steel and a occasional coyote if I ever get that good. thanks guys!

300 Win Mag with a 208 AMax is nothing short of sublime. Have ran mine to 1250 yards and there is more left.

7 Rem Mag with 175 gr Berger will be close. I have yet to try the 175 Bergers in mine and only have experience with 162 AMax's....and the 162's are done a touch past 1K.

Thanks for your reply Ive been looking at the Remington 700 SPS Long Range that has a 1 in 10 inch twist barrel What grain of bullet you think it would like to shoot outta it?

Search tab at the top, this is probably the most beat to death horse in rifle debates. Not trying to come across like an @$$. Truth is both calibers with the right load are accurate much further than all but a select few can realize, and both can do the job much further than you would think. Pick one it don't matter which, what matters is how well you learn to shoot it.

Search tab at the top, this is probably the most beat to death horse in rifle debates. Not trying to come across like an @$$. Truth is both calibers with the right load are accurate much further than all but a select few can realize, and both can do the job much further than you would think. Pick one it don't matter which, what matters is how well you learn to shoot it.

What he said. I'd only add that if you plan on getting out that far, stick with the HEAVY bullets and find the highest BC one you can afford to shoot often.

Geb

Thanks guys! ya I know its an issue that has been beat to death and I think I read about five threads and eachone just turned into a **** match that their are better cartriges!! but I will now look for it!! thanks guys!.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.