7mm Rem Mag stablization problems

ready freddie

I am loading for a Remington Sendero in 7MM Mag, 26 in barrel and would like to hear about preferred loads. I have tried some 150 Grain Nosler bullets and N160 Vihtvouri powder but having some problems with stablization at 100 yards. The bullets do ok at 200 yards and are better at 300 yards. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have used this combination of powder, bullets, primers in other 7 Mags with good results but not with this rifle.​

Stabilization problems? In what way? Are the bullets key holing at 100 just not accurate at that range? Your Remington has a 1-10 twist rate and a 150gr bullet should not show any stabilization problems at 100 yards. On the other hand perhaps you should just change to another 150gr bullet.

Stabilization problems? In what way? Are the bullets key holing at 100 just not accurate at that range? Your Remington has a 1-10 twist rate and a 150gr bullet should not show any stabilization problems at 100 yards. On the other hand perhaps you should just change to another 150gr bullet.

Agree try a different bullet

my 7mm sendero shoots all bullets from 120 to 180 that i have tried; great.

RF, perhap you could elaborate a little. How accurate is OK and better in MOA? Which Nosler bullet? Scope and mounts? Members can help with more specific info.

The 7 mm mag groups at 100 yards are 3 inches, the same powder and bullet combination have 1.5 inch groups at 300 yards. The bullets are 150 grain Nosler ballistic tips, the scope is a Leupold VX 3L 4.5 - 14 X 50mm. I have used the same combination of powder and bullet in a Savage with 100 yard groups at 3/8" and 700 yard groups at 7/8". I have tried the same combination with a Browning A-bolt and achieved similar groups as the Savage.

The 7 mm mag groups at 100 yards are 3 inches, the same powder and bullet combination have 1.5 inch groups at 300 yards. The bullets are 150 grain Nosler ballistic tips, the scope is a Leupold VX 3L 4.5 - 14 X 50mm. I have used the same combination of powder and bullet in a Savage with 100 yard groups at 3/8" and 700 yard groups at 7/8". I have tried the same combination with a Browning A-bolt and achieved similar groups as the Savage.

Hmm I don't see how your group at 100 could be 3 inches and then 1.5 inches at 300. This too me indicates a deeper issue. If scope mounts are tight, gun barrel free floated, stock torqued to proper specs...then I suspect it is likely a load issue and you are NOT in an accuracy node for this rifle. Just because this load worked well in other rifles does not mean it will in this. I'd do some ladder testing and find an accuracy node.

did they change for the SENDERO SF11 as mine has a 1:9.25 ?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.