7mm rem mag scope! Please look. Buckmaster

matt_3479

I own a 7mm rem mag in a rem 700 BDL and is topped with a cheap tasco at the moment. I am currently shooting 140. grain soft points and 160 grain accubonds. I can get real good groups with these bullets but the problem is after a long day of shooting the groups get worse. Now i thought i was me at first so i went home and went back to the range 2 days later and the groups just kept getting worse. I hate the scope on top of my rifle and i want to change it. Now i cant afford much at the moment so i looking for a good cheap scope. I came across a Nikon Buckmaster and the reviews for the scope is great, and the price is even better. I was looking at a 4.5x-14x with 40mm obj lens and side focus and can get either BDC, Mil dot or just plex reticle.

this scope will not be permanite. My 30-06 also need a replacement scope. I use my 7mm rem mag a lot more so i would like to start here. i would like to get the buckmaster for the 7mm and once i can afford a better scope i would switch the buckmaster over to the 06 and get a leupold or Zeiss for the 7mm. I looked around and my options were the Bushnell 3200, Burris Fullfield II and Nikon Buckmaster. Now the nikon has the best price and best reviews. what do you think?

I like the Bushnell 3200 in that price range.I've got a couple of 3x9x50 with the firefly reticle that are darn good scopes,I picked those up for around $180.00 new.You might check Natchez Shooting Supplies,they have a scope sale going on now,check out Ebay too.

I think your blameing the scope for your flinching and you may want to clean the barrel
outta%20here.gif
:D
If you have lost confidence in the scope any one of the units you mentioned will be an improvement. None of them will have a lot of ellivation travel but if you plan on useing a BDC or mil-dot they should be fine.

I know it isn't the flinching. I thought it was at first thats why i stopped for the day. I came back out 2 days later and started again my groups just kept getting worse over time. I sighted my gun in getting the groups i was looking for. few more times out to the range the scope was off again. I am almost positive it isn't my flinching but is the cheap tasco scope. Either way if its me or the scope i would like to replace it

Matt
I was being a smarta$$ but trying to help.
My point was if you think its the scope (your probably right!) then by all means update it but I would have a friend blind load it for you too....I know very few people who genuinly do not flinch shooting a 7mag class sporter rifle. I'm prone to flinching with mine and its about shot out from years of shooting. I had to put a better recoil pad and a scope with a lot of eye relief to be able to shoot it comfortably. That old Ruger needs to be cleaned often but fouled to shoot its best. I can not get thirty rounds through it before it needs cleaned (carbon ring and copper) and the first three shots out of a cleaned barrel can go anywhere they want.

I have a Buckmasters 4.5-14x40. They are good scopes for the money. I just picked up a Nikon Monarch 4-16x42 used but looks like brand new for the same price as the Buckmasters on ebay. They only have 40moa of internal travel but mine is installed with a 20 moa egw rail so it should get out there further. Plus the Nikons have a great warranty it looks like.

You should check out Wonder Optics Wotac Tactical or their Hunter/Target models, 4-14 x50 30mm tube side parallex adjustment very positive .250 click adjustments and a 20 MOA reticle with 80 MOA internal adjustments and it comes with a sunshade all protected by a unlimited Lifetime warranty. Armalite Corp. has just picked them up for their rifles after they had been put through a thorough test ! All of this for $329.00 and they are assembled in Tulsa Oklahoma !
If you would like to know more you can contact me at:

Forrest Ebert
Western U.S, / International Sales
Wotac Scopes
[email protected]

I own a 7mm rem mag in a rem 700 BDL and is topped with a cheap tasco at the moment. I am currently shooting 140. grain soft points and 160 grain accubonds. I can get real good groups with these bullets but the problem is after a long day of shooting the groups get worse. Now i thought i was me at first so i went home and went back to the range 2 days later and the groups just kept getting worse. I hate the scope on top of my rifle and i want to change it.

Your situation sounds similar to mine. I have a .280 that was topped with a Tasco World Crap 3-9x50. This gun could consistently shoot 1moa or better with handloads. One evening, I ending up missing the same back 3 shots in a row from 100 yards. I knew it wasn't me, so I went back to the house and set-up a target at 25 yards. I had at least a 12" five shot group at 25 yards! So I went to town and picked up a Buckmaster 3-9x50 (that is what my bro uses on his .26-06 and I always like it). I sighted it in the next day and ended up getting that buck (140" + 8 pointer).

You can't go wrong with the Buckmaster. Hard to beat for the price.

8PointBuck.jpg

BTW, the date isn't correct...

The Buckmaster is a good scope. I had one on a 7mm STW and with a 0 MOA base and a 100 yard zero I could adjust out to 700 yards. So with a 15 or 20 MOA base you could get out there pretty far. The clicks seemed very repetable too.

The Burris with the Balsti-Plex retical works very well out to 600 I have 4 of them. My other 'click up' choice would be the Zeiss Conquest I have 2 of them.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts