7mm Rem Mag Reloading Help Please

Need more info on the make model and approximate age of the said rifle.The 9.25/1 twist rate works well with both the 168 vld's and the 180 vld's. Most factory rifles with a 1/30 lead angle produce the best accuracy between 0 and .020" off the lands.There are however several drawbacks to loading any bullets against the the lands while using (standard hunting reloading practices).I build many 7mm rem mags each year and use my own leade angles which have yielded the best accuracy consistently with the VLD bullet design for us. I have loads for both bullet wieghts and several powders for more info please go to www.cloudpeakgunworks.com

Thanks
Steadyrest1

Leade angle is refering to the angle of portion of the chamber which leads into the rifling,also sometimes called throat angle.

Need more info on the make model and approximate age of the said rifle.The 9.25/1 twist rate works well with both the 168 vld's and the 180 vld's. Most factory rifles with a 1/30 lead angle produce the best accuracy between 0 and .020" off the lands.There are however several drawbacks to loading any bullets against the the lands while using (standard hunting reloading practices).I build many 7mm rem mags each year and use my own leade angles which have yielded the best accuracy consistently with the VLD bullet design for us. I have loads for both bullet wieghts and several powders for more info please go to www.cloudpeakgunworks.com

Thanks
Steadyrest1
hi steadyrest1,
i already sold the rifle, but i just got a brandnew 7mm rem mag hs precision with sendero fluted barel.
base on the info posted here, i will start reloading with h1000, 168vld match bullet touching the land or up to 0.100 of th land.
i need few days to install a new scope meopta w/mildot and i will start developing the load.

I loaded mine with varying amonts of RL22 but kept the OAL to .020 off the lands. ONce I found a load that the gun liked (mv3000fps) I started moving the seating depth. Berger's email said load the OAL at .080, .060, .040, .020 off the lands then load a groups at the lands and then .020 in the lands. One of these OAL will be better than the others. Next tinker with the OAL by varying them .05 or so.

168 vld hunt's around 70.5-71.5 3.425 Approximate c.o.l. should get you going.Retumbo at similar charges will also give good results and would be worth a try.Rl 22 with that combo WILL yeild approx. 1 fps per degree variation from 0 deg to 90 deg and above 90 all bets are off.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.