7mm Rem Mag on coyotes

Rocket86

I love calling coyotes. Yes I said love. Elk hunting keepin my eyes peeled for yotes, there he is meadow 500 yds! I pull the old trick and have my lady slow down, I slither out, she keeps on driving. Crept to 325 he gets antsy 7mm Rem Mag 160 Nos Par hits him perfectly he runs 70yds plop. Point is, a dime Sz entry, a quarter Sz exit. Started using it instead of my 22-250 saving fur, payin for gas.

My 7mm isn't fur friendly
received_743904529119328.jpeg

I snuck down to one a long time back...it was walking circles around a tree...may have been bored..maybe a dad in waiting room....but at 50 yards..i yelped..it stopped..my bullet blew thru his upper snout and out his rear......not much to sew back together...kind of like a bug vs windshield.....

Id have to see it to believe it😉 ive hit two yotes with the 160 partitions out of the 7mag.....fur friendly it was NOT! Coarse niether is the 22-250 shootin 75 grain Amaxes.
Had fair luck with the 40vmax out of the 223 but to be fair coyotes are always on the menue but just dont get many shots off.

Did a drive by-on the pheasant property right before dusk, north side had a fox a little over 200 yards, she stood and looked at me, got bored and continued hunting. Just enough time to chamber a 39 SBK in the 204 and a couple barks she stopped and Ka-Pow......... broadside shot, came out kinda ugly big as your fist, but that is the 4th pheasant eater killed within a mile👍 Hard to keep a bullet inside an 8-9# fox

I was a kid, about 13 or 14 years old, out hunting coyotes riding cross country on my motorcycle. Came across two, one of them carrying a rabbit. I took off after the one carrying dinner, figuring he'd be slower. Didn't take him long to drop the rabbit...

I was a pretty good motocross rider, and was able to stay on him. I would get up on him so close I was afraid he would turn around and bite me, then I would slam on the brakes, unsling the .22 rifle, and "spray and pray". This went on for a bit when I finally said to myself, "Ya know, it won't matter if he gets a few steps farther away, IF YOU WOULD JUST CALM DOWN, AIM, AND HIT HIM!!!" So that's what I did the next round. Just as I was about to squeeze off a good shot, he jumped a ditch to cross a dirt road. I thought, "ok, when he jumps the next ditch, I'll get him." And that's what I did. He jumped, and hit the dirt dead. My .22 bullet went in under his mouth, and out through the top of his head. Best (and luckiest) shot I've made in 60 years!

Vettepilot