7mm rem mag loads

Hi guys
I bought a container of H 1000 for intentions of reloading some 7mm rem mag rounds, is this a good powder for it? or should i use a different type of powder i would like to load it with a 140 grain sierra game king, does anyone out there have any loads that they have tried and succeded with any information would be greatly appreciated.

you are correct it does not list it, but because it does not list it, does that mean I should not use H 1000 with that particular 140 grain game king bullet?

http://data.hodgdon.com/main_menu.asp
look there they have listing for h1000 with the 150 plus pills but, Iam sure that the load for the 150 grain will work with the 140

I have looked at that site before and was wondering if it lists a 140grain in a nosler partition bullet would it change the ballistics apposed to a 140 grain in a Sierra game king bullet? Currently I am loading a 140 grain Sierra with imr 7828 but decided to go to a temperature stable powder because of the temp change of where I live.

I use H1000 in my 7Rem Mag with very good results.

140 berger vld,s 69 gr. H1000, cci250primer, hornady brass. zips along at at a little over 3000.

168 berger vld's 68.5 gr. H1000, same primer same brass. 2932fps this is my hunting load. 140's are for paper and an occasinal coyote.

This said dont just jump into these numbers with out working up some loads watching for pressure signs. Hope this helps.

Rick

H1000 is one of the very best powders for the 7mag. I think it is a bit slow for a 140. I'd go for a 4831 variety myself.

I'm with Derek on this one, H4831sc is a much better choice for 140-150grn bullets and even with 160-168grn pills in short barrels. H1000 is good for 168 bergers in a 26" tube, and Retumbo is good for 180 bergers.

I have tried H4831sc and couldn't find accuracy with it. I tried IMR4350 at near listed max with 140 accubonds and I get 3170fps with less than 1 moa. That was Great load with my gun. Always work up your loads

Imr 4350 is a great choice if you can get decent case fill, you'll be at or above max likely but use a CCI BR2 or Fed210M with that powder and not a mag primer.

I have always wanted to try the berger bullets but berger did not have a reloading manual avaliable, and were in the process of putting one together, is it avaliable yet? I have not seen it on the shelves yet, where can you get load data for the berger bullets?

I have always wanted to try the berger bullets but berger did not have a reloading manual avaliable, and were in the process of putting one together, is it avaliable yet? I have not seen it on the shelves yet, where can you get load data for the berger bullets?
I've always had to email Walt Berger for load data. I did recently and did not get a reply. Disappointing.

You can email Berger directly for a certain bullet. If your using the 168 vld you can just load three rounds each with H1000 starting at 65grns and working up in half grn increments to around 69-70grns with the bullet either .010", .040" or .070" off the lands, find the most accurate charge weight then tweak the seating depth until your groups shrink. Use fed215s or CCI250s if you got em.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.