7mm rem mag load advice???

jca57jd

Hey guys
I have found tons of great advice and learned allot from the forum! Many thanks!!!! I'll have to say that reloading and long range shooting just wouldn't be as fun and thrilling if I didn't have a place like this to gain knowledge and read about fellow hunters and shooters experiences!!!

I have 2 close friends that don't know anything about reloading and long range shooting. Both have come to me wanting me to load them a good load for there 7mm rem mags. They will be hunting deer, elk, and beer. I'm not exactly sure what there primary shooting distances will be but I do know that they will be spot at stalking elk. I would like to develope them a good load for shots out to 500 yards.

I know that one of them watched a 200 class whitetail for about 15 minutes last year and never shot because it was 500 yards out.

Elk and beer hunting is not something that I am very familiar with given the fact that I don't have the money to go on all of these hunts with them. However I can tell you that I would not hesitate to take a 500 yard shot on a deer with my personal 7mm and my loads.

The two bullets that I am looking to make them a load out of are 160 grain nosler accubonds or partitions? Which one of these is going to handle the worst case the best (500 yard elk shot)?

I just want both of them to make the shot on the trophy of a lifetime and bring it down and back to hang on there wall!

Many thanks to all inputs!

If 500 yds is the maximum either of these will work for the animals you listed. I've used the 160 gr NAB for whitetail, mule deer and feral hogs with good success. Get you a accurate load in the 2950-3000 fps and you should be good to go. Take the load out to 500 and see how it shoots then practice practice!

I've loaded for 3 different 7 mags for friends and family. All with 160gr Accubonds and RL-22. All have taken deer, elk, and antelope without any problems. Without my notes in front of me, I'm thinking the charge was 64-66gr.

I would use 160 accubonds, thats what I do, work up to 66 grains of RL22. I took an elk two years ago with that load, worked great and is very accurate.

Corey

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.