7mm rem mag bullet options

Fullcurl, all groups jumped .5 gr, the 180's started at 69gr and went to 71gr, the 175's started at 70 and went to 72gr, the 168's started at 70.5 and went to 72.5. The upper 168's were pushing 3150fps, but were getting pressure signs as well as the upper 175's and 180's, so I wouldn't go there again! the 69grs of retumbo with the 180's are the group for me to beat, all were shot at 100yrds. I'll now shoot the 175 eld's to see how they do (just picked up my second box) once I get the 162 eld's I'll do the same with them, then I'll take my best overall groups and move out to 2-300 yrds and check groups again and try different seating depths! Hopefully after all that I should have a group I'll be happy with! To be continued! Happy shooting!

Another vote for the 168 gr Berger VLD. I've only taken one bull with this bullet, but the bull was DRT. He didn't take another step. My shot was at 400 yards on the money. Loaded close to the lands, this is one accurate bullet too. I wouldn't consider myself to be a good shot by any means, but I've shot several 3" 5 shot groups with this round on multiple occasions, at 500 yards (which is exceptional for me). With the 168 gr bullet you'll get a fairly flat bullet flight, and it's hard enough hitting for elk well out to 800 yards. I think it's a perfect happy medium between the guys that want fast and flat, and the guys that want slower with lots of energy. Can't go wrong with the berger 168 gr VLD. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.