7mm Rem Mag Brass - Nosler or Norma?

CleanShot

Cabelas has both Nosler and Norma brass on sale. 100 cases of Nosler is about $100 and 100 cases of Norma is about $140. I have read mixed reviews on both. But apparently Norma made magnum brass for Lapua at one point whereas I heard Nosler brass is weight sorted Federal brass. Then again I also read Norma makes Nosler brass so what do I know.

Anyway as the title says what's your choice? Nosler or Norma for 7RM?

Never used norma before, but have used nosler and it was very consistant in weight and flash holes were very round, and length was exact, so I guess you can see how I lean. Hope this helps

I have used Norma for years in the form of Weatherby brand brass. I also have some Norma brand brass for my .300WM. I have lots of brands of 7mmRM brass, but I prefer Nosler. For any caliber that Lapua doesn't make brass for, I buy Nosler.

Interesting dilema as I have received Norma brass in my Nosler lots or was it Nosler brass in my Norma lots.

Well known that Nosler/Norma makes Weatherby Brass.

I'd go with the Nosler because the prep is pretty good. I have not looked to see if the premium for Norma shows up in some consistency that I am not detecting.

Interesting dilema as I have received Norma brass in my Nosler lots or was it Nosler brass in my Norma lots.

Well know that Nosler/Norma makes Weatherby Brass.

I'd go with the Nosler because the prep is pretty good. I have not looked to see if the premium for Norma shows up in some consistency that I am not detecting.

Yep, the prep and weight-sorting is what makes the Nosler my go-to for my belted mags.

Ive used both and liked the consistency of both... but for the money i switched to winchester and noticed no difference in group size and it lasted longer with warmer loads. If youre running mild then i dont think you can go wrong with either.

Ive used both and liked the consistency of both... but for the money i switched to winchester and noticed no difference in group size and it lasted longer with warmer loads. If youre running mild then i dont think you can go wrong with either.

I literally just pushed purchase on the Nosler before you replied. I can't much find the Winchester brass anyway but I'll keep it in mind in the future.

I literally just pushed purchase on the Nosler before you replied. I can't much find the Winchester brass anyway but I'll keep it in mind in the future.

You should be just fine with the Nosler. I wouldn't sweat the small stuff. I run some pretty warm loads in my 7mmRM, and haven't noticed any issues or premature wear.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts