7mm Rem Mag Brass - Nosler or Norma?

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by CleanShot, Aug 17, 2015.

1. CleanShot

CleanShot Well-Known Member

Cabelas has both Nosler and Norma brass on sale. 100 cases of Nosler is about $100 and 100 cases of Norma is about $140. I have read mixed reviews on both. But apparently Norma made magnum brass for Lapua at one point whereas I heard Nosler brass is weight sorted Federal brass. Then again I also read Norma makes Nosler brass so what do I know.

Anyway as the title says what's your choice? Nosler or Norma for 7RM?

2. red dawg

red dawg Well-Known Member

Never used norma before, but have used nosler and it was very consistant in weight and flash holes were very round, and length was exact, so I guess you can see how I lean. Hope this helps

3. MudRunner2005

MudRunner2005 Well-Known Member

I have used Norma for years in the form of Weatherby brand brass. I also have some Norma brand brass for my .300WM. I have lots of brands of 7mmRM brass, but I prefer Nosler. For any caliber that Lapua doesn't make brass for, I buy Nosler.

4. jfseaman

jfseaman Well-Known Member

Interesting dilema as I have received Norma brass in my Nosler lots or was it Nosler brass in my Norma lots.

Well known that Nosler/Norma makes Weatherby Brass.

I'd go with the Nosler because the prep is pretty good. I have not looked to see if the premium for Norma shows up in some consistency that I am not detecting.

5. MudRunner2005

Yep, the prep and weight-sorting is what makes the Nosler my go-to for my belted mags.

6. shawnb

shawnb Well-Known Member

Ive used both and liked the consistency of both... but for the money i switched to winchester and noticed no difference in group size and it lasted longer with warmer loads. If youre running mild then i dont think you can go wrong with either.

7. CleanShot

CleanShot Well-Known Member

I literally just pushed purchase on the Nosler before you replied. I can't much find the Winchester brass anyway but I'll keep it in mind in the future.

8. MudRunner2005

You should be just fine with the Nosler. I wouldn't sweat the small stuff. I run some pretty warm loads in my 7mmRM, and haven't noticed any issues or premature wear.

9. 338edge

338edge Well-Known Member

Go with Nosler!!