• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 7mm rem mag and 300. winchester short mag- bullet weights

matt_3479

I am currently shooting 160 grain accubonds for my 7mm rem mag and getting about 1-1.5" groups. I was going through my cabinet and found 140 grain soft points and i was getting 0.5-1" groups with these. I am in the middle of purchasing a 300. wsm. What my question is, what grain bullets should i be shooting. The 7mm rem mag is mainly used for big game but now i am going to be dropping it to my open field and medium size rifle. I will mainly use it on whitetail, mule, and pronghorn with the odd coyote, ground hog, pig. The 300.wsm will replace my 7mm for big game and will be taking Moose, Black bear, and caribou. Im thinking 140 grain bullets for the 7mm and 180 grain for the 300. wsm. But i read people have better accuracy with the 150 grains in the 7mm. What bullets do you think i should you and what do you shoot?

I shoot 139gr-150gr most of the time in my 7mag and the only thing I've tried so far in the 300WSM is 165gr.They both shoot great with these weights.