Hello all,
I'm new to LRH and looking for some advice on a rifle I'm loading for.
Components:
Ruger 77 action
Brux stainless 26" 1-8
New Norma brass
Fed GM215M
175gr ABLR
IMR7828SSC
I'm seating bullets to fit mag box, that gives a 0.120 jump.
I'm increasing charges 0.3 grain at a time
Question is what's a reasonably safe velocity I should except?
I've currently gone well past Noslers recommend max load. And showing no signs of pressure (micrometer check above belt, flat primer, sticky bolt ECT.) and am starting to wonder how far is to far. Velocity is climbing smoothly and is grouping nicely.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

I d go slowly up as you ve stated, keep watching for ejector marks, sticky bolt and continue to mike cases above belt. If your velocity starts approaching 2850 or nudges 2900 regardless of pressure or not then I d personally not push beyond if accuracy and everything good. The last 50-75 FPS isn't worth it to me, isn't good on brass, etc and no real measurable performance gains at that point. JMHO

Good luck!

First sign I see in Rugers is ejector marks. This may or may not have flattened primers with it. My old 300WM would also slightly crater the primer when pressure was excessive.

Cheers.

watch For pressure sign first but i would tell you it's between 2825-2925 would be in that range. Above 2900 FPS is where I usually start seeing pressure signs with my 7mm shoot 175 grain bullets. Different bullet and different bearing surface.
personally I don't chase speed
I have one 7mm with a sweet spot at 2825 and the other is at 2920. You will not see much of an impact change from 0-300 yards
i mainly shot 175 eldx and 175 noslear long range.

Thanks for the input all!

I think I'll be calling it good here in the neighborhood of 2900.
I would've gone with a different bullet but the ABLR's were all that was available locally.
I don't plan on shooting deer/bear past 350-400yd and as they say nothing will notice getting hit by a bullet not going 50 feet faster.

You should be able to get above 2950fps with that set-up and powder, but you could settle on whatever gives the best accuracy which is normally under max pressure.

Cheers.