7mm PRC

Proof rounds live a rough life for sure. Here's a handful of recent firings. Left to right... 6.5 PRC, 300 Win Mag, 270 WBY Mag, 300 PRC(2), 224 Valkyrie(2), and 7mm PRC(4).

20221208_125951.jpg

20221208_125931.jpg
20221208_125914.jpg

What are you using on the heads to show the marks?
Proof rounds come from the factory with a number of telltale markings. Red case heads is the most common. Nickle washed cases, red paint dipped bullets, and probably the coolest mark is found on Weatherby proof rounds. The rim of the case is rolled like the edge of a quarter. You can see the picture on the previous page showing the new, unfired rounds.

We've now built four of the 7 PRCs in our shop. The 175 ELD-X PH load has been extremely accurate and spot on for velocity. The box states 3000 FPS and our rifles have been running 3015 average in 24" length.
View attachment 387531
What does recoil compare too?

You know, everyone has a fantastic 7mm "do all" in their safe and this is GREAT but nothing wrong with another. Who cares? Buy one if you like, pass if you don't but why the "My 7mm _ _ _ is BETTER!" ??? I guess it's a natural "forum thing"

Mine started with the great 7mmWSM, then the Maggie, now just my daughters 7mm08. A 7mmPRC is a DEfinite possible new rifle in my future

Last edited:
They should have named it the 7 mm Creedmoor Magnum just to troll all the silly Creedmoor haters! So they could then say " I'll never own anything named Creedmoor!" even more often.

The they can keep hating wonderful, simple cartridge design, , twist rate, factory long range heavy bullet loads, usually accurate rifles, with mag boxes that fit the chit it's supposed to, don't you just hate stuff that connects all the dots and takes all the "custom" work out of it!? Those ideas just suck!