7mm PRC

Appears 1/4" (.250") longer than 6.5 PRC case.
Still .214" shorter than the 06 case.
It appears it will have to run in long action which should give plenty room and possibly feed well given the case length.
Should be called PRMC (M=magnum).

Although it should be a good round, I don't really understand the logic? They could have just necked down the 300 PRC and had more performance since it will still require a long action. A little shorter, and it would run in a mid action.
Or; they could have just necked up the 6.5 PRC

Seems to me Hornady is following logic of 300 PRC ...... make a replacement for 7MM Rem Mag with no belt and more efficient slightly smaller case design for running the heavier bullets ex 175/180 ELDX/M to fit magazines of all factory rifles. Use the PRC monicker so all the ammo /rifle makers can jump on board versus naming it the 7 Hornady Magnum

Although it should be a good round, I don't really understand the logic? They could have just necked down the 300 PRC and had more performance since it will still require a long action. A little shorter, and it would run in a mid action.
My thoughts exactly! I've personally never understood the "extra medium" length actions and cartridges designed for them specifically.

I wonder how the 7PRC compares to the 284 Winchester and the 284 Shehane ? I personally like the idea of a long range 284. I'm not very familiar with any of them. Personally think the 7mm is better trade off for bullet weight and BC and the selection of projectiles is impressive.
Well one more caliber to add to the stable....

X2.....or....not bothered! Another dilution of the Brass pool. And unless one is a good as many of you are here ( not me) at forming your own....This will be another caliber where winning the lottery is easier than finding a box of shells!

I wonder how the 7PRC compares to the 284 Winchester and the 284 Shehane ? I personally like the idea of a long range 284. I'm not very familiar with any of them. Personally think the 7mm is better trade off for bullet weight and BC and the selection of projectiles is impressive.
Well one more caliber to add to the stable....
Already having a 284 Win, 7 SAUM and 280AI, and all doing whatever I need... I'm the least bit interested in the 7PRC.
Although I think it will make a fine cartridge, I'd have too many in the same league.

It is merely my humble opinion that this is truly detrimental for all of us! This cartridge race to produce a RENAMED I DO NOTHING OF ANY GREAT SIGNIFICANCE DIFFERENCE to my competitors already marketed product is insane.....and yes I've been in marketing and sales for 50 years and fully comprehend the need to compete... but in today's marketplace we can't get a regular supply of ANYTHING...in our tried and true calibers.. Remington couldn't give away their 284 when it was first produced...so they rebranded it....THE 7MM MAGNUM...and sales soared. did it offer something different...PRC...hmmmm. 300 PRC..anything dramatic or worthwhile here over 300 wsm, or even 300 wm ...6.5 PRC..anything over 270 wsm, significant I mean... 6.8 WESTERN...now that really is a vast improvement. ..on What! And now ladies and gentlemen...the 7 PRC! Offering soooooo much more than the 7mm mag, 7mm WSM, 7 Saum Yeah....more Shells I will never see in our gunshop, more brass in these times I never get no matter how many backorders I have and more upset customers who ask .....well would you consider a trade on this gun I can't use!

Seems to me Hornady is following logic of 300 PRC ...... make a replacement for 7MM Rem Mag with no belt and more efficient slightly smaller case design for running the heavier bullets ex 175/180 ELDX/M to fit magazines of all factory rifles. Use the PRC monicker so all the ammo /rifle makers can jump on board versus naming it the 7 Hornady Magnum
I thought that is what the 28 nosler was supposed to do...

Shouldn't saami be filtering out all these new offerings that do nothing better than what's already on the books? It's ok if these new cartridges live in the custom, one off, not commercially available at mainstream retail outlets genre. Seems like they should be saying, "nah mate it doesn't offer any improvement over the stuff we already have so we won't legitimize it".

Shouldn't saami be filtering out all these new offerings that do nothing better than what's already on the books? It's ok if these new cartridges live in the custom, one off, not commercially available at mainstream retail outlets genre. Seems like they should be saying, "nah mate it doesn't offer any improvement over the stuff we already have so we won't legitimize it".
No that's not their purpose. Let the market decide not a safety organization