7mm PRC

It appears to be a 2.45" OAL with the 180's seated correctly. My guesstimates equal to the 7RM @ 82 Grains. I was hoping for something closer to 72 Grains. With that much powder it's a Hunting Cartridge. "7-PHC" With the current shortages I will be in for a long wait. Where does the line start?

Be nice to see the referenced ammo 80711R to get better idea of case capacity and possibly performance.

And maybe to see how it stacks up to .270TH😂😱 with 170EOL at 3,000fps.

I'd be more interested in a 6.8PRC!

That SAAMI print just creates more questions. A 2.280" case length is an odd sort of "no-man's-land" for case length. It's like it was designed for a 3.400" action length. The makes it way to long for a short action, but relatively short for most standard long actions.

I'd love to hear Hornady explain their decision. I'm sure there's a reason, I just don't know what it would be.

Be nice to see the referenced ammo 80711R to get better idea of case capacity and possibly performance.

And maybe to see how it stacks up to .270TH😂😱 with 170EOL at 3,000fps.

I'd be more interested in a 6.8PRC!
SAAMI print says 180's @ 2950, max oal of 3.34"/ Oh by the way the 190's are just over 3.5" OAL with the proper Reamer. So that would explain the Brass length.

Last edited:
SAAMI print says 180's @ 2950, max oal of 3.34"/ Oh by the way the 190's are just over 3.5" OAL with the proper Reamer. So that would explain the Brass length.
Also, the test barrel was a 24in as noted on the chamber spec. I you can get 2950fps from a 24 then +3000 from a 26in this cartridge will match more or less my LRMs. With RL26 I bet one could squeeze more fps maybe approaching 3100fps with said 180 VLD.

A6E73C79-A143-4287-9CA9-6C6BB2F8CFE5.jpeg
EC63112B-9771-4E55-AEE6-1BBE29D4C975.jpeg

RCC brass is in a class by itself.

"We machine all our cases on CNC lathes and mills and our case weight, case volume, and our case concentricity are the best available in the industry. We do not anneal the case head as it is hammer forged to a high tensile strength which gives us the same hardness for each case. Since we use CNC equipment to manufacture our, case weight is nearly identical, the case volume is too, and our case concentricity is held to a 0.001"."

link:https://www.rccbrass.com/our-brass/

Prices reflect the cost of manufacturing: Each 7 LRM case costs $6.12

RCC brass is in a class by itself.

"We machine all our cases on CNC lathes and mills and our case weight, case volume, and our case concentricity are the best available in the industry. We do not anneal the case head as it is hammer forged to a high tensile strength which gives us the same hardness for each case. Since we use CNC equipment to manufacture our, case weight is nearly identical, the case volume is too, and our case concentricity is held to a 0.001"."

link:https://www.rccbrass.com/our-brass/

Prices reflect the cost of manufacturing: Each 7 LRM case costs $6.12

I know information, Just don't know anyone who has used it. Curious on results

I am pretty sure Swamplord uses their brass for some of his projects. The bag he showed in the photo has a thank you tag attached to it. Looked like he took delivery of some.

If I am wrong certain he will tell us.

I am pretty sure Swamplord uses their brass for some of his projects. The bag he showed in the photo has a thank you tag attached to it. Looked like he took delivery of some.

If I am wrong certain he will tell us.
That bag and photo were in an email from RCC announcing availability. But you are correct, Swamplord uses it for some of his projects. I just purchased 50 pieces for my 300 PRC. Haven't loaded or fired it yet, but the stuff is so dang beautiful (and spendy) that I'm considering keeping one unfired and framing it like the artwork that it is. It did come in that bag with a handwritten 'thank you'.

yup, I have 11 different wildcats with RCC brass made for them & have a few more on the way

nope, don't have 7mm PRC brass or getting any of it, I have several 7mm Rem Mags that do same & have a bunch of Peterson brass for them

RCC made me brass for my 7mm LRH back in 2019 (7mm-338 Norma Mag Imp) 3300 fps with 197 gr SMK's & 195 gr Bergers plus 100% detacheable mag capable can spoil ya & nothing in 7mm measures up or is interesting afterwards...
for me anyway.......

9ECDC86B-74A9-4E44-ADE1-BDE2F2B5AEE7.jpeg