7mm PRC is here. SAAMI specs out

20220810_091502.jpg

without trying extremely hard and in roughly 30 seconds, I just made a 7lrm case out of a 300 PRC lapua case. would need a clean up on the neck turner and bam!

Then there's the fact that the 7LRM actually does eclipse the performance of a 7mm Rem Mag, and if we're in a long action anyway... I think would have been a better choice to build great brass around. Now, with the 7 PRC's arrival... will never happen. So, the 7 PRC will take over, deservingly or not.

Remains to be seen if it will be deserving. If they don't get Lapua or Alpha to make cases for it... I will likely not recommend it. A 7mm-300PRC would seem the best place to be for magnum bolt face performance, as Lapua brass seals the deal.

I bet if I build some custom bushings... I could pull off making 7LRM cases from a 300PRC.

qDUfbGM.gif

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

My all time favorite the 7LRM. Too bad Hornady killed it with their crappy brass.

4 sure Kimber, they broke the mold with him! I do miss our weekly chats. Our talks with him calling me one day and saying tell me about your Mash. I sent him my reamer and off we went:)

And yeah it's 50 years at least, a fair number or Schneiders....:)

Hornady has said it will be introduced in Oct, but who knows, (Oct 14th I was told)

I got an email back from Peterson Cartridge they will make brass in early 2023, Whidden and Redding dies are available to order now, I have a Manson Reamer, I bought 50 pieces of RCC Brass so I can load something as soon as my rifles built, just have to drop the parts off to the gunsmith,

First build will be a Sako A7 (300 win mag) donor with a 24 inch #2 contour 1-8 twist Benchmark Barrel.

xqxujwH.jpg

YAKZUES.jpg

yncuOXf.jpg

160gr Nosler Accubonds, 175gr Berger Elite hunter, 3.337"
72YWXA9.jpg

Cartridges loaded in a Sako A7 mag box from a 300 win mag donor
ED1ma20.jpg

Last edited: