7mm PRC is here. SAAMI specs out

Elk Hunter 338

Official LRH Sponsor
20220810_091502.jpg

without trying extremely hard and in roughly 30 seconds, I just made a 7lrm case out of a 300 PRC lapua case. would need a clean up on the neck turner and bam!

Rick Richard

Then there's the fact that the 7LRM actually does eclipse the performance of a 7mm Rem Mag, and if we're in a long action anyway... I think would have been a better choice to build great brass around. Now, with the 7 PRC's arrival... will never happen. So, the 7 PRC will take over, deservingly or not.

Remains to be seen if it will be deserving. If they don't get Lapua or Alpha to make cases for it... I will likely not recommend it. A 7mm-300PRC would seem the best place to be for magnum bolt face performance, as Lapua brass seals the deal.

I bet if I build some custom bushings... I could pull off making 7LRM cases from a 300PRC.

qDUfbGM.gif

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

My all time favorite the 7LRM. Too bad Hornady killed it with their crappy brass.

Kimber7man

LRH Team Member
Guess I'll stick with my beloved 7 Mashburn Super. The round was first catted about 70 years ago....:) pretty much a early day 28N
You've been shooting it for what, 50 years??? grins....

I do miss Bob talking about it. great guy

dogz

4 sure Kimber, they broke the mold with him! I do miss our weekly chats. Our talks with him calling me one day and saying tell me about your Mash. I sent him my reamer and off we went:)

And yeah it's 50 years at least, a fair number or Schneiders....:)