7mm PRC is here. SAAMI specs out

Yup, 30 Cal. I won't do it but I bet it easily matches the 300PRC in the lighter grain bullets. That and many of today's higher BC 30 Cal Bullets offering less weight.
for the guys wanting to wildcat this case it will match the case capacities of the belted mag cases 264 win, 7 rm, 338 win the biggest advantage will be usable capacity which should give it the advantage over the belted case with the same OAL.

thinking 25 or 338

D03F4452-FB28-4D9F-8C2B-0CE7C8DA1B91.jpeg
526A5A80-DD89-4BDD-BA01-70E05BD96D74.jpeg

Descent looking, longish Neck Length, W/ High B. C., 168 gr. 7mm HVLD Berger Bullets @ "Warp speed", 30* Shoulder, W/ .264 / 7mm Rem mag. Powder Capacity,.. What's NOT to, like ? I would build, one of THESE, instead of, the 6.8 Westerner on, a Long Action, Magnum, Tikka of, course !
Should be, a Popular all around, Cartridge, W/ plenty of Umph for,.. Elk and Moose !

Last edited:
As far as I can tell, 7mm Blaser has never been chambered by any manufacturer of production rifles available in the US other than Blaser so there is no widespread demand. As such, I would not expect to randomly see it on any store shelves. In fact, the only place I have ever seen the ammo (other than a couple large ammo dealers online) is at a very high end gun store in Houston (Gordy & Sons) that is a large Blaser dealer.

This is exactly why I can't stand youtube ninjas.
There are so many things wrong with his comparisons that I won't attempt to address all of them.
However one thing that's truly stupid is his velocity comparison between the prc and 7 RM with identical loads, he's excited that the 7 prc was over 100 fps faster with said load even though the case capacity is less than the 7 RM..
Well what a shocker 🙄 the bigger case didn't get a chance to reach equal pressure cuz there's more volume.

The last thing I'll rant about is the continued reference to faster twist rates with the prc, if homeboy did a Lil research he'd find a pile of 7 RM options with 8 twist barrels.

Obviously when it comes to factory loads the prc will have the advantage with heavier bullets above 175 grains, but he's comparing handloads and biasing the whole thing to make the prc look like there's a measurable velocity advantage when there 100% is not.
Ok I feel better now
Good night 😴

what's so exciting about a 195 gr 7mm bullet dragging knuckles out of the muzzle at barely 2800 fps ?

so he built a 7mm PRC with an 8 tw barrel ....... but it can't be done with a 7mm Rem Mag, 7mm STW, 7mm Wby etc ?

I like how he attributes "the high BC on this thing" to the cartridge ..... similar to how the 6.5 Creedmoor was presented, as the highest bc 6.5mm cartridge ever ... lol ! the red box hype is starting up, gonna see a lot more nonsense real soon, stay tuned

Last edited:
Fortunately, the Rah-Rah wanna-be influencers like this half wit are years behind the curve on having the 'first' 7mm PRC. Besides, his appearance and persona are created for the camera from his perfect white teeth to his one or two day stubble. We see this type of brand hyping wanna-be all over YouTube where they congregate.

Everyone has read the Tooley experiments with Hornady and Bartlein from the early to mid-2000's. So this guy is really late to the game. Some of us were lucky enough to get some of the .300 PRC brass before the general release. Sure, we worked on the .300 case and loads first but as with every case released in the US, a few pieces got necked up and down. The 7mm version was interesting enough to generate a reamer and dies. Unfortunately, the quality of the Hornady brass left a great deal to be desired in the performance department so we tabled that attempt until we could get someone to make better brass.

Most of his data development and reporting are flawed in one way or another. Basically though, he doesn't have the vaguest idea of setting up and testing a new cartridge, let alone how to compare and contrast the data statistically. The entire video is a waste of time.

:(

He got one thing right about being able to buy ammo! NOT!
And 4 years later 300PRC ammo like hen's teeth.
What a bait and switch scam.
Sounds like a business opportunity.

I mean, if it's so easy to figure out micro and macro economic trends... you should get your ammo manufacturer FFL and start knocking it out for cheap!

I'll buy your first box, if it helps.

Good luck!

Don't let the Brownells and MidwayUSA's of the world pooping their pants right now over the massive downturn in sales for july/aug stop you.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Recent Posts