7mm Pills for White Tails!!!

Yes the Hammers would be my mono bullet of choice!!! No doubt been wanting to try them, have used Barns with my 25-06 and just have not loved them like some do.
Don't Hammers just "explode" like Bergers, or can you actually break a shoulder with them?

Yes the Hammers would be my mono bullet of choice!!! No doubt been wanting to try them, have used Barns with my 25-06 and just have not loved them like some do.
Never used a Hammer but have shot lots of Barnes. What is the effective difference between the two. I thought the Hammer was just another mono metal like the rest.

Never used a Hammer but have shot lots of Barnes. What is the effective difference between the two. I thought the Hammer was just another mono metal like the rest.
A .060 hollowpoint and a unique baring surface that has less material for less engraving pressure. Less pressure for higher velocities and no quirky seating issues. I looked at the 177 7mm and the 197 smk under a 30x comparator. side by side and they are close in ogive caliber. In a 7tw 280 wildcat The only 2 I shot had a hole that measured .288 with a guess on powder H4831

Also to my understanding how they are constructed, yes they are a mono but there are different hardnesses to the same metals, such as the copper bullets and will expand differently due to that fact. I am sure Steve can explain it more. But I believe what's been stated above and the hardness of the copper that's used are the main things

Also to my understanding how they are constructed, yes they are a mono but there are different hardnesses to the same metals, such as the copper bullets and will expand differently due to that fact. I am sure Steve can explain it more. But I believe what's been stated above and the hardness of the copper that's used are the main things
My biggest issue with Berger has always been the way they fragment. I like to be able to break a shoulder if I need to. I still truly think, someone shot game with a Berger target bullet, it actually worked. So then Berger said "we meant for that to happen, it's how we designed it".

Both bullets are copper and shaped like bullets. After that our bullets are cnc latter turned making them much more consistent, softer copper, patented drive band design vs grooved, open hollow point design that gives consistently better bullet expansion throughout the the range of vel down to 1800 fps. Our drive band design reduces engraving force and minimizes contact in the bore resulting in lower pressure and higher vel. our patented PDR drive band design allows us to seal the bore in loose bores and not produce excessive pressure in tight bores. This solved the problems that mono bullets have always had, poor accuracy in loose barrels and over pressure in tight ones. We have almost no copper fouling even in brand new factory barrels. Our PDR design results in inherently easy accuracy with minimal load development. Very rarely is a seating depth adjustment needed to find solid sub moa accuracy.

Our reason for making bullets was terminal performance. We liked the way copper bullets worked on game but always had an issue of some sort with every one we tried. It took us a long time to find the right copper and design that would do what we wanted consistently at high and low vel.

I know it sounds too good. Give them a go, if you are not completely satisfied we will refund your money. Haven't had to refund yet. Only replaced bullets for customers that had the wrong bullet for their rifles barrel twist.

Both bullets are copper and shaped like bullets. After that our bullets are cnc latter turned making them much more consistent, softer copper, patented drive band design vs grooved, open hollow point design that gives consistently better bullet expansion throughout the the range of vel down to 1800 fps. Our drive band design reduces engraving force and minimizes contact in the bore resulting in lower pressure and higher vel. our patented PDR drive band design allows us to seal the bore in loose bores and not produce excessive pressure in tight bores. This solved the problems that mono bullets have always had, poor accuracy in loose barrels and over pressure in tight ones. We have almost no copper fouling even in brand new factory barrels. Our PDR design results in inherently easy accuracy with minimal load development. Very rarely is a seating depth adjustment needed to find solid sub moa accuracy.

Our reason for making bullets was terminal performance. We liked the way copper bullets worked on game but always had an issue of some sort with every one we tried. It took us a long time to find the right copper and design that would do what we wanted consistently at high and low vel.

I know it sounds too good. Give them a go, if you are not completely satisfied we will refund your money. Haven't had to refund yet. Only replaced bullets for customers that had the wrong bullet for their rifles barrel twist.
I like Barnes and have killed a lot of game with them. I have never had a problem getting good velocity and accuracy with them. That said, I would like a Bullet that opens at lower velocity and actually expands more than the Barnes. U convinced me to try them. Who sells them in Edmonton Alberta or anywhere in Canada for that matter. I would like to get some to try.

I like Barnes and have killed a lot of game with them. I have never had a problem getting good velocity and accuracy with them. That said, I would like a Bullet that opens at lower velocity and actually expands more than the Barnes. U convinced me to try them. Who sells them in Edmonton Alberta or anywhere in Canada for that matter. I would like to get some to try.
The Barnes LRX opens down to 1300. The 168 .308" opens down to 1500. How much lower are you looking for?

We are not eligible to ship out of the States yet. Should be getting set up for that 1st if the year. If you have a friend in the states they can send you a "gift".

Curious if you have tested this?
Not in this cold weather (I've just not for the first time started to shoot mono's). I was always a Partition guy, until I seen how accurate my rifle is with the TTSX. I will test them with wet pack come spring, just for my own "feel" of the bullet. I may just load some in a .30-30, and load them down to 1300 and 1500.

Last edited:
Don't Hammers just "explode" like Bergers, or can you actually break a shoulder with them?
Nevermind, found my answer. So much for through the shoulder I guess. I will try some eventually.

Attachments

• 20191207_195043.jpg
    20191207_195043.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 121
We are not eligible to ship out of the States yet. Should be getting set up for that 1st if the year. If you have a friend in the states they can send you a "gift".

Good news, I will look for them after the 1st of the year. If you think about it you may want to post when you get that done. After doing some more research on your bullets I think there would be quite a few people up here that would like to try them out.

Last edited:
Nevermind, found my answer. So much for through the shoulder I guess. I will try some eventually.
Not sure what you mean by "so much for through the shoulder"?

We very rarely recover a bullet from an animal. For North American animals it is generally done when shot end to end. We recovered a few out of 37 plains game animals on our trip to Africa. We had a 116g Sledge Hammer travel through 5' of an 1800 lb trophy eland on a frontal shot. This bullet was recovered on the small intestines. The second shot on that eland, not needed, was broadside. It entered the largest part of the front leg bone, went through the brisket and lodged in the off side. The leg bone on the eland is about 4" in dia. These two bullets looked identical after impact, heavy bone and no bone. We recovered one in a giraffe that went through the shoulder and lodged in the spine. .358 STA. Bones on a giraffe are so big it is hard to imagine. These were the only broadside shots that resulted in a stopped bullet. All other bullets that were recovered were from hard quartering shots. Breaking through two shoulders is not and issue, nor is shooting pure lung shots.

We want the nose petals to shed in order to maintain soft tissue permanent wound channel from any angle. Bullets that open and do not shed the frontal area slow down too rapidly suffering in the amount of permanent wound channel and sometimes fail to penetrate deep enough to get the job done well.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts