7mm on the 300 weatherby

When forming cases from another caliber I believe they should be fire formed with a slightly milder load, by doing this you get longer case life and better accuracy. This was told to me personally by Howard Wolfe the gunsmith and inventor of the 7x300 wby.
Joe

EVERY caliber and case on the planet will benefit from an inicial fire fourming on new brass. Every one. Just because it was necked up or down makes ZERO difference, provided you have the proper neck clearance. The chamber specs on both ( or, now, all four{6.5, 7mm, 300, and 340}) are IDENTICAL except for the neck size.

ALL of my 300 WBY brass is made from 340 WBY brass, and has won a PILE of wood on it's first firing in 1000 yard benchrest compitition. I doubt anyone will notice the accuracy difference at LR/ELR between new and FFed brass with hunting class guns.

Actually, the absolute most accurate combo I own is one of my 1000 yard LG's with one of my Krieger BBL's while fire forming Dasher brass from 6br brass. And there is a GINORMAS difference between simply necking down and shooting baisicly the same thing (300 wby to 7mm- 300 wby) and forming a wildcat.

EVERY caliber and case on the planet will benefit from an inicial fire fourming on new brass. Every one. Just because it was necked up or down makes ZERO difference, provided you have the proper neck clearance. The chamber specs on both ( or, now, all four{6.5, 7mm, 300, and 340}) are IDENTICAL except for the neck size.

ALL of my 300 WBY brass is made from 340 WBY brass, and has won a PILE of wood on it's first firing in 1000 yard benchrest compitition. I doubt anyone will notice the accuracy difference at LR/ELR between new and FFed brass with hunting class guns.

Actually, the absolute most accurate combo I own is one of my 1000 yard LG's with one of my Krieger BBL's while fire forming Dasher brass from 6br brass. And there is a GINORMAS difference between simply necking down and shooting baisicly the same thing (300 wby to 7mm- 300 wby) and forming a wildcat.
Different strokes for different folks.

Having had several (at least 3 bbls maybe more) on my 7/300 Weth since around 1992 I can attest that this cartridge is a laser beam at long range out to 1200-1400. Easy to shoot tune and load for. Yes barrel life and brass life is poor but all aspects of other rigs mentioned here are not inexpensive in the least. Howard Wolf set me up many years ago and the 7/300 is as solid as any LR 7!!! My current rig is a Sako action 30 inch 1.5 diameter in a walnut laminated 4 inch wide forend stock.. many deer several bear and 2 elk ( at around 1000 ). 7828 or H870 168 SMK Areal LR killer!!!