7mm Norma Mag Improved - Fire forming & load proofing.

Orkan, do you have a past 7NMI to compare barrel life to? Im on the Nitride bandwagon as well as the fast 7 bandwagon and I'm curious if you'll be able to see a discernible difference in barrel life.

Orkan, do you have a past 7NMI to compare barrel life to? Im on the Nitride bandwagon as well as the fast 7 bandwagon and I'm curious if you'll be able to see a discernible difference in barrel life.
Yes I did… but it was a dud. Pressured up hard at 250rnds and I never could get it to settle back down.

Thanks for posting . I built 2 300Norma Imp recently one for customer one for me and we are loving them. But all its done is have me thinking of the the 7 norma imp. now . I was curious what I could get out of the 195s, But in a hunting length barrel. Ill check out your IG to keep up on the info. Thanks for posting.

Truly awesome mega build. But but but but..... doesn't the 300 Norma Improved clearly outperform the 7mm?

doesn't the 300 Norma Improved clearly outperform the 7mm?
Not in any way I can see. I think if I were competing in ELR competition or something, I might like to run a really heavy 30 cal bullet much slower, just for additional stability.

195gr 7mm moving this fast is about as impressive as I've seen out of anything other than a 375 Cheytac... but at least I can keep this rifle performing, where a Cheytac is super difficult to deal with in comparison.

Only 120 or so rounds fired. I pulled the barrel for some testing I need that chassis for… I'm in no hurry to burn up this barrel.

Only 120 or so rounds fired. I pulled the barrel for some testing I need that chassis for… I'm in no hurry to burn up this barrel.
How many rounds now?

I just received my 7-300 nmimp 24" the builder said on 1x fired brass and a very mixed load he was getting 3050 195berger, so I am excited to get this thing going and get brass formed.

Attachments

• 20221022_175033.jpg
    20221022_175033.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 43
How many rounds now?

I just received my 7-300 nmimp 24" the builder said on 1x fired brass and a very mixed load he was getting 3050 195berger, so I am excited to get this thing going and get brass formed.
I haven't been shooting it at all. It's taken a back seat since I have been working with my PRC Primal line of cartridges.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate