7mm mag match grade hunting round?

Redbone15367

I am new to reloading, and this site. I am looking for a good round for reloading a 7mm mag. Currently I shoot Winchester supreme nosler balistic tip factory rounds. I'm looking for a match grade bullet for reloading, that is good for hunting. I'm not sure if there is a good match grade for 7mm that will suffice for dropping deer. Any help? Thanks all, Tony.

Check out Berger bullets, they are extremely accurate and good quality bullets. Also, the Nosler Accubonds are very accurate and perform flawlessly, too.

For my 7RM's I shoot Berger 168's and 180's. Also Nosler Accubond 160's.

As mudrunner stated go load some 180 or 168 Bergers and place them well. I doubt you will be disappointed . They are indeed premium killing bullets.

Jeff

the 168 and 140 bergers are awesome for hunting. also the 140 accubond. all three are very accurate. i use either norma or nosler brass .

Bergers are the standard, but I love the Hornady Amax. I shoot them in my .308, .260, 300 wm and 7mm mag. I have killed long distance elk and antelope with the 300 and some close deer and elk also. The bullet performs well. I have never shot one with my 7mm (162 gr) but I am sure it will work very well. They perform similar to the Berger. A friend shot an antelope at 650 with my .260 using a 140 amax and it did plenty of damage. Just another option...

The berger bullets are great. Personally I'm a barnes fan. I loved the tsx then tried the ttsx and have always been impressed with them. Now i'm in the middle of trying out the Barnes LRX 6.5x300.
my .243 shoots the bergers great so did my 7mm, but for some reason I still find my self sticking with the barnes.

I've got to agree with everything spoken about the Berger bullets an the Nosler Accbonds. I don't know how far you are going to shoot, I've shot the Sierra Gameking out to 600yrds an it performed great!

DT

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.