7mm Mag & 180 hybrid quickload please?

MTLIVIN

Could someone run my specs through quickload for my load development? Im shooting a 7mm Rem Mag, norma brass with 84 grain H2O capacity, COAL 3.57", and the 180 berger hybrid out of a 26" 1:9 Benchmark. I will be using only H1000 & Retumbo powders w 215M primers. Thanks in advance!

Sorry no quickload. But i use the same setup. In a 28" barrel im getting 3050fps with good 6 reloads on win brass. I found the norma brass pockets to loosen up quickly with warmer loads. I would throw 68gr of h1000 in there and seat them 5-10thou off the lands. Should shoot pretty nice.

3050 out of a 7 mag is pretty sweet w a 180 hybrid! Never thought that round was capable of 3k until I read about guys getting that speed on here. I'm really curious on what kind of pressure I would be at to get to 3k with mine, that's more what I'm looking for out of quick load if anyone would be willing to run my specs.

On the other hand, I loaded for a buddy's 7mag on Friday and was amazed at the velocity I was getting without pressure signs, almost 3100 fps w H1000!

MTLIVIN

I've used QuickLoad for years. It is not a reliable source for pressure data. Sometimes it is correct and sometimes it is way off. A better source is major vendor load tables. They have tested their loads with instrumented barrels and they know when they have reached max pressure. If you are getting the max velocity per the data they published you can bet you are also getting the max pressure that goes along with it.

If you are at 3100 with a 26in barrel id say you are in the danger zone. With my old rifle i found the sweet spot to be 2975fps. With norma brass it was lower. If you read around the forum the sweet spot to work up to for lots of people it 68-69gr of h1000.

But work up to it.

If you are at 3100 with a 26in barrel id say you are in the danger zone. With my old rifle i found the sweet spot to be 2975fps. With norma brass it was lower. If you read around the forum the sweet spot to work up to for lots of people it 68-69gr of h1000.

But work up to it.

I was really hoping to find a node in the 3000 fps range, but unfortunatley I only found one at 66gr & 70.5 of H1000, both were very accurate though. I was at 3080 fps with 70.5 in a 26" barrel, found 1 very slight ejector mark going back through the cases, higher pressure than I'd like, but acceptable.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.