7mm lrm

thanks,i heard one time that 7mm calibers did not put game down as fast as say a 300 winchester .i have a 300 winchester and a 300 weatherby now.was thinking of maybe a 7 mm magnum of some sort.

thanks,i heard one time that 7mm calibers did not put game down as fast as say a 300 winchester .i have a 300 winchester and a 300 weatherby now.was thinking of maybe a 7 mm magnum of some sort.

With the 300 mags you have a 280 AI would compliment your group of rifles nicely, I sure like the looks of a 7 LRM, Ive been toying with the idea of building one.

Last edited:

I shoot a 7RM. 3 elk have that have been dropped in their tracks between 250-400 yds.There are lots of options out there. I have found it has plenty of energy, but Murphy says you never know about tomorrow. :) The nice think about a 7RM is that if you get into a bind, you can easily find ammo.

No 7 is the equal of a big 30 with heavy bullets but a big 7 with heavy bullets is also no slouch. Going for the 7 is shootability. As the old indian guide said. Any gun good you shoot em good.

Love mine,bergers 180's,one shot one kill ,(55) and counting,,,,behind the shoulder,100+yds out to 569yds so far...Insides are pudding....

Bergers do turn insides into goo. Only problem I have had is shooting Texas whitetails. If you are not far enough away the bullet blows through so fast you end up with a 3 diameter exit.

has any one shot this round at game at ranges under 400 yards .also who besides gunwerks chambers this and how is their work .

From Gunwerks "Velocity with a 180 grain bullet is 3075 to 3100 fps from a 26-inch barrel. NOTE: This ammunition is loaded long for accuracy. These cartridges may not fit in some factory box magazines. See COAL measurement to confirm fit with your rifle." I shoot 7 Rem Mag, custom recipe at 3000 fps. 168 Berger hunting VLD.

As recommended previously by David it's about accuracy and shootability.

Either of these rounds will do the job at less than 400 yards on any animal in North America except maybe moose or a grizzly. I'd go with a more popular cartridge. Unless you already own the gun. IMHO.

has any one shot this round at game at ranges under 400 yards .also who besides gunwerks chambers this and how is their work .
We've killed 2 Coues deer at shorter ranges, 295yards 195 Berger and 200yards 175 Hornady. I shot a cow elk at 140 yards 195 Berger. All three are dead.

I don't think there are any factory rifles chambered in it. All three we have are customs. All very accurate hammers. It's a cartridge that was designed for hunting in that 500-1000 yard space very effectively.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.