7mm hammer bullets

I would like to try the absolute only thing is it Mentions you may need a fast powder which I don't have right now. That and I think they maybe a bit long for my 7wsm. My max col is 2.840"
I've been concerned also with the powder situation. I've used Varget almost exclusively in the 7mm-08 so that's what I have lots of. I'm wondering it I will run out of space in the case with it. I guess I need to sift through the load data link and see what others have found.

I've been concerned also with the powder situation. I've used Varget almost exclusively in the 7mm-08 so that's what I have lots of. I'm wondering it I will run out of space in the case with it. I guess I need to sift through the load data link and see what others have found.
At least you got enough powder, I'm down to about half pound each of the main powders I use. I use imr 4350 in a lot of things and should get a keg when I have the money and see some. At least for your 7-08 there's a bunch of powders.

I'll have to check the recipe when I get home. I don't have a chronograph but the handloads line up out to 500 yds (that is as far as I can shoot at the range) with a turret that was cut for a 120gr TTSX flying 2770fps. My 7-08 also only has an 18" barrel.

Fierce Edge 7-08
45gr of Varget (still plenty of room in the case for more powder)
OAL 2.264
.02 off the lands, still plenty of room in magazine, no cycling issues
I tried 46gr with no case issues. The bolt seemed a little tight....not sure if it really was or I was just thinking it was since I was paying so much attention to it and trying to find pressure signs.

1ST Congrats !, i am building a new 257 WEATHERBY MAG. on a mark 5 action with a 7 1/2 twist Brux barrel to shoot the 128 gr. Hammer bullets. my reason is my new custom 257 Creedmoor shoots these Hammer bullets are very accurate and i feel will kill animals very easy too in many calibers also. i may even use this new 257 Weatherby mag. for elk if my Brux barrel shows up in time. my fingers are crossed.

Fierce Edge 7-08
45gr of Varget (still plenty of room in the case for more powder)
OAL 2.264
.02 off the lands, still plenty of room in magazine, no cycling issues
I tried 46gr with no case issues. The bolt seemed a little tight....not sure if it really was or I was just thinking it was since I was paying so much attention to it and trying to find pressure signs.
nice setup, I've been wanting a kimber in 7-08 for my crap weather rifle. 7-08 is probably the best possible deer round.

7mm-08 is an excellent cartridge i built a custom 7mm-08 long before this 7mm-08 became a factory cartridge , i also made a few bucks shooting my custom 7mm-08 in some hunting money shoots with the best groups in the old days . right now i am playing with a 257 Creedmoor another new wildcat cartridge.

She tucked it up in the armpit so it didn't hit any solid bone. I would say the exit was about 2" circle with much trauma inside.
They do tremendous damage. I hit bone on my pronghorn 1.5 weeks ago. Hard quartered towards me on a slight incline. I put it through his chest and it came out his spine. It hit ribs first. Lungs shredded.

Attachments

• 4D5EEF52-0DD0-425C-BBCA-3ECE61924B94.jpeg
    4D5EEF52-0DD0-425C-BBCA-3ECE61924B94.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 118
  • D437C9DB-3128-4D6C-A690-4B9C6EEEFF54.jpeg
    D437C9DB-3128-4D6C-A690-4B9C6EEEFF54.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 130
They do tremendous damage. I hit bone on my pronghorn 1.5 weeks ago. Hard quartered towards me on a slight incline. I put it through his chest and it came out his spine. It hit ribs first. Lungs shredded.
great damage, they really seem far superior to a Barnes type bullet. When they shed the front they must hit every bloodvessle in the impact area and the base still goes on

great damage, they really seem far superior to a Barnes type bullet. When they shed the front they must hit every bloodvessle in the impact area and the base still goes on
I personally think they are the closest thing to a perfect hunting bullet.
Take the time and go over to Hammer Bullets forum called Hammer Time. Tons of info. There's one thread called Hammered Down Under. Our Aussie friend goes into great detail on terminal performance on game ranging from kangaroos to Asiatic waterbuffalo. Pretty eye opening. He's a professional hunter and tests out multiple different caliber and weight Hammer bullets.