7mm Dakota loads and dies

westernsky

Im looking for some loads for 7mm Dakota. My new build is almost done and I need to figure out what is going to be tossed out the end of it.

I hoping someone has some loads that has worked for them or someone can run quikload on it.

I will be shooting 180 bergers and I have some retumbo that Im hoping to use.

Also need some dies if anyone has some they dont need anymore.

Thanks

Good luck on the dies.

I just built one for a client and the die set cost just under 2 bills. Ordered them from Redding through Sinclair International. Takes about 6-8 weeks.

If you call Sinclair, ask for Phil Hoham-he'll treat ya right.

Good luck.

Slow powder, magnum primer seems to work well.

Midway has RCBS for $143, in stock as of now. Or Graff and Sons, Redding, in stock for $127

I shoot 180 Bergers, 74 to 77 gr H1000, work up carefully. Adjust for Retumbo

Last edited:
Thanks Len
Good to know about Grafs. I knew that Midway had the rcbs but Redding was my choice.

I planned on starting with 74 grains of retumbo but I wanted to make sure that I was in the ballpark.

Thanks for all your help(brass and info!)

If I had a Dakota, I would give RL17 a try.

If you're not not just looking for inexpensive dies I would give Hornady a call and see what they could do for you in a custom bushing die and their new dimension seater. I think you could get some good quality dies for the cost.

-Mark

Last edited:
hey chad would that be me on the Dakota . sup dog ? i am going to go shoot mine in the morning i found some data with berger and i am going to start with H4831SC with the 168 grain berger looks like the load denc. is @ about 94% i will let ya know how she shoots gun)

Garretgun)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.