7mm Dakota Dies

Cruizin

I'm building a 7mm Dakota and I would love some redding type s neck bushing dies. Redding has a 20 week lead time or something crazy like that. Graf and Sons has a 2 piece but with the brass I bought I want it to last as long as possible. I called Dakota and bought 100 pieces of brass that they said was made by Norma. I guess after this stock is gone they will be having hornady make it.

Anyways any suggestions for some type s redding dies anywhere?

Have you tryed Midway? I was looking into the 7mm Dakota but it just seems like a real pain in the butt.I wish you luck.

Graf and Sons has a two die set in stock. I was thinking of getting this then ordering a neck die later.

Its been so long since I have used a full length sizing die, but is it possible to not resize the body with them and just resize the neck? If I take the expander ball out of the full length sizer die, will I get similar results as the type s bushing dies?

I'm just so used to using the titanium nitride neck bushings and stuffing new bullets in them. No lube to clean up just a little case prep and what not. After awhile they have to go through the body die but just seems like the type s dies don't work your brass as much.

Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Thanks

Graf and Sons has a two die set in stock. I was thinking of getting this then ordering a neck die later.

Its been so long since I have used a full length sizing die, but is it possible to not resize the body with them and just resize the neck? If I take the expander ball out of the full length sizer die, will I get similar results as the type s bushing dies?

I'm just so used to using the titanium nitride neck bushings and stuffing new bullets in them. No lube to clean up just a little case prep and what not. After awhile they have to go through the body die but just seems like the type s dies don't work your brass as much.

Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Thanks

The thing about using a fl sizer die is the neck will generally be a little to small thats where the expander comes into play and opens the neck back up. You can have a fl die sent off and have it honed out to the dimensions you desire, which is basicly what a bushing die is except you are stuck with one neck size. Ive neck sized brass before on a fl die but id say you are still working the brass more than with a neck die just because its made to work the body as well not just the neck.

Hope this helped,
Nathan

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.