7mm bullet options

The scirocco is tougher than the accubond after impact, so remaining bullet left for penetration is equal or greater. I'm running the 150s scirocco at 3410 from a 26" barrel. Also shooting .5 moa, which is all the better I can shoot that rifle. Food for thought anyway.

I am needing a few opinions on some options for 7mm bullets I can get.
these will be for
7mm RUM
And maybe 7mm RM
Both have 9.25 twist
Both standard with factory chamber/throats
I can get 168 vld or heavier (180)
162 sst 162 eld-x I think also maybe the next weight up from here too
Uses would be mule deer/elk
Which one would hold up, which one will not at either power levels. I have 160 AB right now but haven't been able to find any and limited on those so I want a little more selection and I am unfamiliar with the eld-x
Would either have trouble stabilizing anything heavier?? Which ones to avoid at closer range and I doubt I'd go past 600yd so I think any of those would be a problem at that distance I'm worried about closer shots if presented
I mainly use 162 sst and eldx and both are excellent. From pronghorn to elk . Never had an issue. The eldx does really shines on elk . From 200 - 800 it's usually one and done . Just like anything else shot placement is critical.

Consider looking at the 150 swift scirocco, 160 accubond, 160 A Frame, or any of the barnes bullets. The velocities the RUM generates exposes the weak construction of cup n core bullets when in close. If shots stay under 600, you aren't giving much up with the leader BCs. Way tougher bullets to withstand the higher impacts.
Salmondhead I was reading down and just started saying to myself, I wonder about the Sciroccos and A Frames. I scroll down one my comment and BAMM you said it. I sure would like to be those two bullets updated to a higher BC.

I've talked to Swift about coming out with a heavier scirocco and they listened intently. They know they are loosing market share because of it, but the cant meet current demand as it is, so don't hold your breath on new offerings. I think they should add a 145 6.5mm, 170-180 grain 7mm, 210 gr .308 and 265 gr .338. We can all wish I guess.

I talked to them about the same thing a year ago. They said at the current weights they're already coming close to the higher end of the twist rate and if they're heavier (longer) they would require faster twists
I was thinking
140 & 168 7mm
208-210 30cal

I vote for the 168 Berger. See below.

7Bean:RL26.jpeg

I've talked to Swift about coming out with a heavier scirocco and they listened intently. They know they are loosing market share because of it, but the cant meet current demand as it is, so don't hold your breath on new offerings. I think they should add a 145 6.5mm, 170-180 grain 7mm, 210 gr .308 and 265 gr .338. We can all wish I guess.
I'd have a personal interest in that 170-180 range 7mm. It looks to me like there is room at the table to long and heavy 270 caliber with the 6.8 Western and the 27 Nosler out as well.

Consider looking at the 150 swift scirocco, 160 accubond, 160 A Frame, or any of the barnes bullets. The velocities the RUM generates exposes the weak construction of cup n core bullets when in close. If shots stay under 600, you aren't giving much up with the leader BCs. Way tougher bullets to withstand the higher impacts.
This ^^^^^. I would use A Frame in the RUM, dependent on desired max range. Run your data through the JBM Ballistics Calculators to get an accurate idea of real world down range performance.

I'm with you. Would love to see 200 and 210 gr .308 in both Swift bullets. Fortunately, I am the proud owner of about 400 180 Scirocco II's.

You nailed it though. They can't keep up with current demand and they are in a volatile market that makes it difficult to commit financial resources to developing heavies. I hope Mr. Hober takes the next step to expand production in little ol' Quinter, KS.

I'd be for giving the 150 NBT and the 168 LRAB and a 150 Scenar a go and see what perks. Any of them will do you well on elk out to 600 and further...