7mm Blaser Mag.

Elkhuntn247

Hey guys I'm looking for experiences with the 7mm Blaser Mag. I've got a brand new 22" .284 proof waiting to be chambered.

It's going to replace my current 24" proof chambered in 28 nosler. My 28 nosler barrel lasted just over 500 rounds, so not the best barrel life. It's not completely gone, but awful fire cracking, and reduced accuracy. it's time.

I am still considering going 28 nosler again. I loved the 28 nosler ballistically, and accuracy wise. Granted I wouldn't shoot the hell out of it this time.

the blaser has my interest because it's I think it fills the void between the short mag 7s and the hot rod 7s.

also think it's more suitable in the 22" pipe. And I know every one seems to preach long barrels, and long barrels have their place. Just not on my back haha.

any insight on the Blaser would be great!

I'm just going to start load development on mine. Look under goosepilot he has some info on here or just search 7mm blaser mag and you'll get what you need.

I'm just going to start load development on mine. Look under goosepilot he has some info on here or just search 7mm blaser mag and you'll get what you need.
Thanks for the reply. I ended up chambering in 28 nosler again. Didn't want to have to buy a reamer, and already have all the stuff to load for it. Just won't shoot it as much this time haha

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.