7MM accubond LR

Does anyone have a good load for a 7mm shooting 168g accubond LR.

I think your o.a.l. will be the hardest thing to do with the nosler ab. I would think berger data or sierra data reduced some and work your way up carefully would yield similar results. I hope this is usefull

I use to shoot berger and thought I would try accubond. I read that accubonds work better with a longer jump. I'm Hoping someone has tried them and could give me a good starting point.

I don't agree with the longer jump idea from what I've seen. I looked a the bullet and thought the opposite - that it should shoot good when treated like a Berger and for me it did. I have a couple of different loads - one with H4831SC and one with Magnum that shot 1 inch and 1.5 inches respectively at 200 yards with jumps of 0.020" to 0.025". This out of 7mm WSM with a 26 inch 4 groove Brux cut rifled barrel.

Engineering101, what ABLR have you been shooting out of your 7 WSM? I also have a 7WSM and have been wanting to shoot these. what are you speeds that you are getting?
One more question where do you shoot around here? I moved here from Idaho and its getting frustrating finding a place

bigd 7378

Check out the target below for the story on the 150 ABLRs. There appears to be a sweet spot at 2,935 fps and bad news at 3,018 fps. The 168 grainers like similar velocities.

As to where to shoot. I'm a member of Cascade Shooting Facilities out near Ravensdale. It has 1,000 members (capped) and takes about 3 years on the waiting list to get in. But... they have a public shoot for $10 every other Friday/Saturday. The schedule is on the web. Next weekend is one such weekend. This place is worth the wait. Check it out.

Attachments

• 7mm 150 gr Nosler ABLR.jpg
    7mm 150 gr Nosler ABLR.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 42
bigd

Cascade Shooting Facilities is nice. I am on the waiting list, and way down the list too. I just moved to the area a few months ago also.

The people have been nice there, I have been there a few times to shoot.

brewski

What 7mm are you shooting?

I have a Rem 700 action, Douglas 27" barrel, timney trigger, with a bell and Carlson stock. I want to shoot Retumbo because I have 10lb of it. It works really GOOD WITH MY RUM.

Brewski, I shoot a couple 7WSM's and 7RUM. Ya it's tough here. I had 20 acres in North Idaho with a 100 and was working on putting a 300 yard range in. Used to be able to walk out the back door and shoot. Stuck in the concrete jungle here with no place to shoot. Anyways enough about that.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts