7mm/300 wsm detachable mag??

mk443

I'm taking the plunge into my first wild cat/ first custom build. I have a rem LA in the safe and I'm finally getting ready to pull the trigger. I'm a huge STW fan, but to be different I settled on the 7/300 wsm. I want to push the 175-180 gr (195 if they ever happen) as far out as I can on a repeater. What detachable magazine can I run and not have to deal with feeding issues? Is anyone else running this round or the regular 7wsm with the 180's in a repeater and care to share their COAL? Did some digging and couldn't find that info. I want to run the APA or R and D bottom metal with the non pogo stick release, but I'm not stuck on that.

Any Input would be great,

Thanks

i went CDI bottom metal & Alpha wsm mags for my 7shamwow & am running 180's at ~2.96"

i couldn't find anything else that would let me run longer at the time, but i've heard that someone used to make a longer setup (CDI & Seekins come to mind)

As your using a long action I'm sure you can set you COAL to have the bullet perfect in the case neck with out maxing out you mag length.
I should think most AI type Mags will work with perhaps a slight tweek of the feed lips.

I'm sure there a a few threads on the Hide re WSM with DBM in a long action.

I have a SAUM on a short action and will use surgeon DBM with Alpha industries wsm Mag.

I will post a thread once it's up and running.
PS,
Seekins told me they don't do there wsm mags anymore.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.