7mm-300 Win mag loads

Timnterra

I've had this 7mm-300win mag rifle for a couple years and still have never shot it. I finally necked down some 300 brass last night and I'm going to start doing load development to hopefully be able to use this rifle for deer season this year. I've got a stockpile of 180gr eldm bullets that will be the food for this beast. Do any of you guys have a place to start with a powder charge? Looking at the Nosler book it seems like a 300 win mag has about the same case capacity as a 7mm Weatherby, but I think that is off some how. I figured I'd start with max loads for the 7mm Remington and work up to pressure signs? I'll most likely be running H1000, but I could be persuaded to run Retumbo or RL26 if they show good ES and good groups. Any suggestions are welcome, thanks

I'm using up what I have left of an 8 lb bottle of RL33. 80 grains of RL33 in Nosler brass with 195s produces an easy 3035 fps

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.